Hello

Options
Hi there, I'm new to My Fitness Pal, I have been using it for 10 days now and I love it. I guess I didn't really know there was a message board on here. I'm doing a weight loss challenge at work, but I'm telling myself that I'm not on a diet, this is going to be a lifestyle! I love to go for walks, I never use to take my 15 min breaks at work and now and I do and go for a walk! I'm looking for new ways to excercise that are fun and I can do for 20 min a day at home? I have a 5 yr son and I'm not always able to do these things, I get so busy with him. I'm trying to get out of bed earlier in the morning so I can do it then. Does anyone have any ideas? Also I'm a huge Mt Dew and chocolate lover, big time. Those are my biggest down falls. So I'm working really hard at not having those things. I have had like 2 mello yellos for 10 days, I was drinking 2-3 a day. I still want one once and a while but try to have that happen on the weekends. I love fruit, really love fruit. It is making my sugar in the negatives though sometimes, I don't know what to do because I sit there and think that is better than putting a candy bar in my mouth. Well if anyone has any suggestions or advise, I would love to hear it! I need the encouragement bad. I have lost weight before and would do well but I had no will power and I want to change that this time. Like I said I'm not on a diet this is a lifestyle change for me. I want to loose 20lbs first, when I hit that, then I want to do another 20lbs. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• misseva
    misseva Posts: 1
    Options
    My friend Sherrie introduced me to Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone. I have three little ones, and it is something that you can do early in the morning, late at night, or with the kids.

Good luck!
  • pixietwilight
    pixietwilight Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi and good for you! getting started is always the hardest. Regarding your fruit issue. I have a good friend that is about to get a Masters in Nutrition and she said that if you go over you sugars because of fruit not to worry about that. It is the hidden sugars and sugar sugars that you need to watch out for. Sugar in breads,pastas,sauces and sugars in chocolates and so called "health bars" those are usually much harder for your body to burn. I had the same issuse about 2 weeks ago when I called her. I could not understand that eating 2 oranges and 1/2 a banana with skim milk made me go over. That is what she told me so I have to worried to much about the sugars. I also don't have much of a sweet tooth. If you know you will go over because of fruit you can adjust your goals manually so you don't see that red number. Make sure though that is is because of fruit and not soda or other bad sugars.

welcome and good luck !!!!
  • heather19th
    Options
    Thank you for the info and help! I really appreciate it, you have no idea. I'm so thankful for this website, everyone on here is helpful and supportive and I need that!

I'm interested to hear more about Walk at Home?