Not so good start:-(

Options
2»

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    One of the BEST aspects about this site is that it teaches you so much about what you're eating. Look at your experience as a lesson learned. Well done on keeping going!
  • Corrie62
    Corrie62 Posts: 191
    Options
    The best advise has already been given. Keep logging. Pre-log. Make adjustments when necessary. One other suggestion I would make is to open your diary at least to your friends. When you are struggling with food choices, portions, etc. Having an open diary helps because other can view what you are eating and make helpful suggestions regarding how to make changes. I like to look at others diaries to see what they have been eating. Gives me good ideas.
  • kvg1210
    kvg1210 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi, don't give up. Sometimes it takes baby steps, but at the end you will see the reward. You will feel and look better. Our health is everything and look for ways to motivate yourself. I don't have a fitness buddy and not even my fiance works out with me but I am thinking is all about me! Best of success in your goals!

Marylin

The above is so true - take it one day at a time and don't worry about the previous day - what's done is done - good luck
  • AspenPeaches
    AspenPeaches Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You're going to see a big difference logging as you go. It helps me tremedously! I get hungry in the evenings too and I found Jolly Time popcorn has 100 calorie mini bags and you get to eat a huge bowl! Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Same here...I really like logging my foods the night before. I will log most food and keep a few hundred calories empty for snacks throughout the day.
    Pre logging exercise keeps me accountable, too.
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's great logging on the phone. That helps me when I am not near my computer. I tend to "forget" what I actually have eaten if I don't log right away. Good luck to you.....
  • teresamcclarykramer
    Options
    Thanks! I logged today prior to eating each time so I would know what I was consuming before I actually did. Very helpful!
    Good luck!

Teresa
  • teresamcclarykramer
    Options
    That is a good idea!! Scheduling meals and exercise the day before, and then go for the goal!
    Thanks,
    Teresa
  • teresamcclarykramer
    Options
    Thanks! I will stock up on popcorn!!

Teresa
  • colleenmund
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. I just started recently and mostly started logging to see what in the heck I was eating (which was way more calories than I thought). Now I'm starting to look at food and decide if I want to log it in...healthier choices are happening for me and before I put it in my mouth I try to figure out my calories. The other thing is I'm learing to exercise to earn calories to eat. This program says I should eat 1200 calories a day which is almost impossible for me. So now I am going to the gym and not leaving until the machine says I have burned about 400 calories. For me that means rowing and ellipitical. I'm way overweight right now, 61 years old, and maybe I don't row fast or do the ellipitical fast but by gosh I'm doing it. Just had knee surgery 8 weeks ago so I need to get in shape so I don't blow my other knee. I would say I am 45 pounds overweight right now, but even if I lose a pound a week that will be 52 pounds in a year. Almost always I am over on my calories even with the exercise, but when I look at my graph I am still consistantly under 2,000 calories daily which is way less than I ate before (although I didn't know it until I started logging). I log after every meal, try to plan what I'm gonna eat before I go out to eat (lots of restaurants have the calorie count online..ie Bonefish Grill is 190 calories for their grilled scallops and shrimp...you still have to be careful about sides and I bring my own dressing now). You'll do it. It becomes a game of sorts.
  • bleis71
    bleis71 Posts: 22
    Options
    Teresa, I have only been at this for a couple weeks but I find myself eating what I know to be a decent breakfast, then before lunch I tend to go on company websites, (Wendy's ,McDonalds, Taco Bell, Subway which are the only thing close) if I did not bring left overs, and checking their nutritional page. You can search everything they have on the menu and figure out what you want to eat for lunch to allow for your dinner plans.

Also I truly believe the calories are a good guide, but just the fact that you are watching them will make you eat less. You will find yourself thinking before swinging through the drive thru in the morning for a breakfast sandwich or 2. I know that even if I don't hit my calorie target for the day I am still well below what my usual used to be. So I am still helping myself.

When possible scan your food using the smartphone APP, or go to the food guide for the resturant your eating at. I have found that using what others have added to the database is not always near the actual.