good shake???

Options
2»

Replies

• hubtech
    hubtech Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Xocai High Antioxidant shakes have 21 grams of protein from a high quality whey protein isolate, a combination of cacao, acai and blueberries for antioxidants, and less than half a gram of sugar. Great for recovery. I mix mine with PB2 powdered peanut butter. Absolutely delicious.

Get PB2 at https://www.bellplantation.com/ or one of the retailers they list. Xocai you can buy direct at www.xocai.com - tell them Allen Hubble sent you.

:happy:
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Try a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I use Body Fortress cookies & cream), 1/2 a cup of low fat cottage cheese, some ice, and some water. Sounds gross, I know. But once it's blended it really tastes like a milkshake and is low cal and loaded w/ protein.
  • circuspixie
    Options
    I really love Isagenix protein- 18 gr of protein per scoop & no artificial chemicals - I add stevia or xylitol & unsweetened cocoa powder. You can also use frozen fruit if you want to change it up. :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Low sugar is not good for recovery. Everyone here talks about low carb this, low sugar that--after workout you need carbs more than you do protein. So everyone who talks about low sugar or low carb in a post workout recovery cocktail is just extremely uninformed. Sorry, but they are. Sugars + starches ARE YOUR FRIEND after a workout.
  • asizesix
    asizesix Posts: 134
    Options
    Low sugar is not good for recovery. Everyone here talks about low carb this, low sugar that--after workout you need carbs more than you do protein. So everyone who talks about low sugar or low carb in a post workout recovery cocktail is just extremely uninformed. Sorry, but they are. Sugars + starches ARE YOUR FRIEND after a workout.

This is definitely true in my opinion... if I have a particularly good work out .. I need sugar STAT afterwards (in the shape of my Vega Chocolate Banana smoothie ;P ). Or else I find myself faint!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    chocolate whey protein powder
    plain greek yogurt
    squeeze honey
    fresh frozen strawberries
    flax seed
    milk (to thin it a bit)

that actually sounds delicious
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    Consumer reports did a test and found aersenic in some products. Check out protein drinks under consumerreports.org before you decide what you want.

I use Herbalife products because they have been well known and been around for 32+ years. They have products designed for althletes too and was ranked #1 by Triathlete magazine (and it's chocolate flavored).

I've been thinking about herbalife
  • SeahorseDolphin
    Options
    I use the medifast 55 shakes (my mom used to do the diet and I just love the shakes!) and add a half a banana, but I'll be the first to admit they can be rather pricey.
  • emills1970
    emills1970 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The right size shakes are delicious. I love the skinnivanilli, but I heard the chocolate is good too. I don't know if you live near a CVS pharmacy, but they currently have a 30 serving tub on sale for $24.99. I mix it with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and I add a cup of mixed berries. It comes out to 210 calories per shake and it's very feeling. Like I said I use the vanilla and it's very good.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    I do the Body Fortress too, but I actually like the Cookies and Cream. I never thought about my smoothy drink as far as it's benefits. I just wanted to add more protein to my diet and, eventhough it's calorie heavy, replace a meal (same calories, but less fat, salt and sugar). Iit's one scoop protein powder, serving of fiber (I like the orange), 1 banana and a few ounces of milk. To make it get that foamy fluff I add a few icecubes and blend away. I'm sure that you could tweek it to your preference
  • amazing_u2
    Options
    Aldi's Fit and Active Weight Loss Shake.Works wonders and taste good. They have vanilla and chocolate. You might find it in a Whole Foods as well.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    thank you sooo much guys!!!!
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Actually strange as it sounds, if you don't have an actual shake mix in-house, a perfect substitute is plain old chocolate milk.