Juicing Recipes!

rudarbe
rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
Hey everyone :) I just bought a juicer a few weeks ago and I've been experimenting with different things but I found this one particular recipe to be the best for me.

1 7-8 inch zucchini
1 green apple
3 kale leaves
10 sprigs of parsley

Can you guys share me your healthy juicing recipes? I'm starting to get tired of juicing the same things :P

Replies

• I bought a juicer too
    I tried 2 carrots
    I apple half stick of celery
    Half of cucumber
    It was delish
  • rudarbe
    I bought a juicer too
    I tried 2 carrots
    I apple half stick of celery
    Half of cucumber
    It was delish

that does sound delicious, I'll try this one in the morning. Thanks :)
  • Yayy I love juicing too! Thanks for the recipe.

I found and awesome site with loads of recipes if you are interested :)

http://www.fernsnutrition.com/juicer_recipes.htm
  • rudarbe
    Yayy I love juicing too! Thanks for the recipe.

I found and awesome site with loads of recipes if you are interested :)

http://www.fernsnutrition.com/juicer_recipes.htm

SWEET! Thank you so much! I'm excited to try those out :D
  • Juicing is a great way to get all the wonderful micro-nutrients from all those fresh veggies and fruits.
    Downside; it can be expensive, and you might end up consuming an astouding amount of sugar from just one small cup. Also, juicing takes out a lot of the fiber you get from veggies. I end up feeling hungry after juicing!

I really like using dark romaine lettuce in juice. Carrots are great, too, and they are really sweet. Try cilantro and lemon/lime for a huge kick!

For me, I really prefer smoothies. You get all the fiber and nutrients into liquid form, and it is CLEANER and faster.
    Try kale, parsley, banana, and greek yogurt with a little ice and sweetener added. I also like to add some cinnamon! Also, if you make a huge pitcher of green tea or other herbal tea ahead of time, use that in place of any milk or ice you might want to add for extra flavor and nutrients!
    :)
  • rudarbe
    Juicing is a great way to get all the wonderful micro-nutrients from all those fresh veggies and fruits.
    Downside; it can be expensive, and you might end up consuming an astouding amount of sugar from just one small cup. Also, juicing takes out a lot of the fiber you get from veggies. I end up feeling hungry after juicing!

I really like using dark romaine lettuce in juice. Carrots are great, too, and they are really sweet. Try cilantro and lemon/lime for a huge kick!

For me, I really prefer smoothies. You get all the fiber and nutrients into liquid form, and it is CLEANER and faster.
    Try kale, parsley, banana, and greek yogurt with a little ice and sweetener added. I also like to add some cinnamon! Also, if you make a huge pitcher of green tea or other herbal tea ahead of time, use that in place of any milk or ice you might want to add for extra flavor and nutrients!
    :)

Juicer vs. blender is what I'm debating on. I've already got a juicer so I just wanted to try it out, but I think a high-end blender might have more pros. Since they're so much more versatile. Like you said too, I'm scared of having too much sugar, when I look at my nutritional diary at the end of each day on MFP, I notice that my sugar is really high. I try to keep the ratio from fruits to veggies 1:4 and I only juice 2 whole apples for fruits.. and for fiber don't get me wrong, I eat a lot of veggies, I just juice the ones I really don't like eating :P so I'm not really worried about the fiber aspect. Thank you for all your helpful comments I really took them to heart :)
  • You are welcome. I really like blending because it is so much easier to clean and less expensive. Plus, there are TONS more options when you are blending from homemade banana "ice cream" to savory carrot puree! It is my go-to breakfast on the go!!!!!!

Good luck!
  • dbroomy
    dbroomy Posts: 17 Member
    I do a variant of this recipe. I do everything -minus the cucumber. I will have to try it with it. I also like to add half a jalapeno. Great if you like a spicy kick!.