Is it okay to take a few days off from MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I wish I could but I'm in too deep now to "take a break". I tell myself all the time I need to take a break but it never happens.....something won't let me :laugh:

Day 375 here. *blinks*
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I am afraid that if i leave MFP I will become the fat slug that was previously me. When I slack off with the exercise, I eat less and when I eat more, I force myself to exercise more so at the least I maintain my weight loss. I think that if i stopped logging I would get lazy and eat too much.

BUT, you have to do what's right for you.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Set your cals to maintenance for a week, and log, but with no restriction.

That is a great idea ! As everyone has said it is hard to get back into the flow if you have a break. Over Christmas I had no intentions of "dieting " but I still logged in each day to see how my friends were going and I just logged Quick Calories each day but adding an extra 500, 600 calories so I still went back into the food section. Now I am back in the flow of logging again.

520 days for me, I would miss my friends

Good luck with your weight loss
  • tallvesl99
    tallvesl99 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I took a few days off during the holidays....Just make sure you come back....I am more than half way to my goal. Just be good to yourself in the meantime and remember how important being 'HEALTHY' is vs. what tastes good/feels good. I know how hard it is to be in pain and try to stay active. We'll be here when you come back if you do take a break :).
  • Muriumj
    Muriumj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So guess it's a brand new day an a brand new start here.. :)

Thanks everyone for support .. :) Means a lot!

Love my MFP family loads!
    :heart:
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Every time I've "taken a break" I end up gaining all the weight back.