"I Can't Believe This is Me!"

Options

Replies

• canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! I did my first race ever on November. It was a mud run and it was horrible! On December I ran another 5k and now I'm kind of addicted and I am running another's e on the 27th lol. P
  • slimjenn13
    Options
    Amazing!!! Keep it up, you are doing great!!! And you look wonderful!:smile:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Once you do one 5K, you'll be addicted-I did my first one last September (I was like you as well and could never run) and did 4 total last year, have already done one this month and another 3 already signed up for this year
  • stoutsfitgal
    stoutsfitgal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!! Your hard work is paying off and your body recognizes and appreciates all that work. IT'S ALL YOU, GIRL!!! Keep up the great dedication! I wish you all the best! :-)
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! That first run tears down such a huge psychological barrier about what you can and can't do doesn't it? Lace 'em up runnergirl! :)
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yes! You are a RUNNER! Like others have said, it can become addictive. Just take it slow and easy and listen to your body as you begin to run more and more.
    Way to go!
  • Deebug60
    Deebug60 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! :flowerforyou: What a great first step.
    I hope to join you in the running world soon.
  • supergal73
    Options
    That's amazing!! I hate running, honestly I avoid it at all costs. Good for you for accepting the challenge and completing it. I hope someday that I can start running too. Maybe I'll try the burst of intervals.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I started some jogging not too long ago and I'm up to 2 mins at a time now! Good job... Well done!!!!! :)) :wink:

That's phenomenal! I aspire to be where you are! :)
  • Stenobun
    Options
    That's amazing!! I hate running, honestly I avoid it at all costs. Good for you for accepting the challenge and completing it. I hope someday that I can start running too. Maybe I'll try the burst of intervals.

You know, doing it in short bursts makes it seem a lot more manageable. Plus, calculating the time in my head until the next burst makes the entire workout go by much faster.
  • Stenobun
    Options
    That's great! At some point I have dreamed of me jogging. I keep talking about it and thanks to your post, now I know its possible. WTG!!!!

It's completely possible! Just start small and you'll get there.
  • ParanSkies
    Options
    Way to go! There's nothing better than actually being able to feel improvement in your fitness! It's so easy to give up in the beginning because you feel exhausted after doing simple exercises but when you experience being able to do more physically, it's such an awesome feeling.

I remember when I could barely handle a minute of running and I absolutely hated the treadmill. I decided to jog yesterday for the first time in a while just to switch up my routine (I usually just use the elliptical) and I was shocked to find out I could actually run for 5 minutes straight! I had just taken a chemistry test which I probably failed right before exercising, but that work out put me in a good mood again haha.
  • Stenobun
    Options
    Amazing!!! Keep it up, you are doing great!!! And you look wonderful!:smile:

Aww! Thank you!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Guess what? You are a RUNNER! Are you a person? do you run? then you are a runner. There is a ton of support on this site the sky is the limit. Maybe you will join your friend for a 5K someday!?
  • dblk19
    dblk19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know what you mean...even though I am very athletic, I am so out of shape, it was hard to get back into it. The more I try new ways to exercise, the more I amaze myself at what I can do. Keep up the good work!
  • browneyes97
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Way to go:)
  • tricelive
    tricelive Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats.....great turning point!:flowerforyou:
  • tdesignr
    tdesignr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you!

I was in the same position during May 2012 when I first started jogging -- never enjoyed it in high school and literally had dreams that I couldn't jog. I'm still doing walk-run intervals, but I just discovered this month that I can jog for three minutes with one minute of walking for a total of five miles.

Going up an interval never ceases to be thrilling! Good luck with your training! :)
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I so badly want to run, and am having a hard time getting into it. I try to walk 5 miles at least 4 times a week, and sometimes I try to throw a little jog in. Today was my best...I ran for a tenth of a mile, three times during my walk. (It was only because I was so incredibly cold and I wanted to be done faster-unfortunately, I ran slower than I walked! :)) I hope I can get to where you are soon...What an inspiration you are!
  • ahallen83
    ahallen83 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just started doing little 1 minute jogs myself, I can't wait to be able to actually run. So happy for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!