20 Healthy No Calorie Foods

2»

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I can EASILY eat 200+ calories of apples and citrus fruit in a single sitting. Those are definitely not zero calorie foods, and anyone who tries to claim otherwise is delusional. :laugh:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Some obvious ones (celery, tomato, cucumber, asparagus etc) which have really low calorie counts.

And some genuine zero cal things like green tea and water.

But the list also iincludes fruits such as apples, oranges, watermelon and apricot. These are really not negligible caloires, plus the sugar in them is pretty high.
    Oh no, sugar from fruit, I might die.

I died yesterday from this.....A half a cantaloupe and 10 cherries. True story.

Cool Story, brolinda.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    The only one they have right on the list as being no calorie is water (and green tea as the cals are negligible enough to say its zero).
  • Sarauk2sf
    I think it's more a point of how many calories are in the food vs how many calories your body burns digesting it. Like an apple takes 80-100 calories to digest. There are actually diets built around eating foods that take more calories to digest than are contained in them.

The whole 'negative calorie food' is just not true.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    I did not realize that a bag of brocolli was 120 cals. I thought it would be close to a zero.
  • Sarauk2sf

Next time, check to see if something is useful *before* posting it.

I found it useful. Troll on!

I agree. There is a fine line between being sarcastic and being a prick.

I think it is a perfectly reasonable suggestion that someone actually reads the article that they post. Do you not think so?
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    I used to spend a good chunk of my time reading articles like this. Fruits and veggies tend to be lower in calories and more dense in nutrients. That's about all you need to know. Fruits and veggies. Eat them. Log them. End of story.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    I think it's more a point of how many calories are in the food vs how many calories your body burns digesting it. Like an apple takes 80-100 calories to digest. There are actually diets built around eating foods that take more calories to digest than are contained in them.

If I chew my celery 100 times, will it mean that I just ate negative calories!? :wink:
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    It is unfortunate that people need to be as negative as they are on these boards. You were right, simple as that! I know I do count the calories in all food I eat, no matter how small. I would also never consider many kinds of fruit as free because they do contain calories and sugar but to each their own :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf

If I chew my celery 100 times, will it mean that I just ate negative calories!? :wink:

Probably about the same as a candy bar being a negative calorie food if eaten while running a marathon. :wink:
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Can't believe they listed water.

SMH
  • I'm a little confused. My clementine is citrus, but it costs me 35 calories.
    And this article says citrus is zero-calorie.

Wat?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Just pulled this up on Google.
    Don't shun me if it's not accurate.
    I haven't even looked at the list. I'm going to look at it after I post this. Just thought I'd share with everyone.

http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/20-healthy-zero-calorie-foods

My thoughts exactly. Save us all from the useless list posts!
  • Just pulled this up on Google.
    Don't shun me if it's not accurate.
    I haven't even looked at the list. I'm going to look at it after I post this. Just thought I'd share with everyone.

http://fitbie.msn.com/slideshow/20-healthy-zero-calorie-foods

My thoughts exactly. Save us all from the useless list posts!
    Hey guys, don't be all up in arms because his post to the whole community didn't fit your specific standards.
    At least it's a neat list. I didn't know most of these foods actually had the benefits they have.