Starting again...

Hi Everyone! My name is Leona, I'm a Professional Makeup Artist/face painter and I'm back here starting again. I'm a clean (over) eater and would enjoy a balanced diet (I have trouble with my portions) and I could use a friend or two with sensible views about food and diets (I have liver concerns so if it's atkins or southbeach or meal replacements, even most processed diet products {WW was the worst} - sorry they're not for me) . My biggest downfall is homemade from scratch cake - I love the stuff!
I need some motivation and have a lot to give back! ox

Replies

• proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Welcome back! I've been on here for a little over 2 years - also started over multiple times. My biggest change is working out and cutting Dr. Peppers (cutting down - not out). The only major change I've made in my diet is the amount of what I eat - not what I eat. I also love chinese food and can eat more than my daily allowance in one meal of it. I've lost 60lbs, gained 20 of it back after a surgery in October - I'm finally getting back on track.

My pals here have motivated me to do more than I ever thought I would or could and when I stumble, they are rig ht there to pick me up. I do my best to do the same for them. Add me if you'd like.

Best of luck to you ~
    Teri
  • bjrocks0731
    bjrocks0731 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Leona!!!
    I'm Bobbie Jo, this is my 2nd time around at this weight loss thing.....I try to eat a clean diet, but do use some heatable lunches and proteins bars for snacks sometimes. Life is hectic for me -- 3 kiddos that I homeschool, so some days, I like to take the easy way. On really good, non-hectic weeks, I prefer lots of whole foods & lots and lots of water and green tea. :) You're more than welcome to add me, I feel that the more support you have, the better chances you have at succeeding!!!! :) Take care, and best wishes!
  • meikinfaces
    meikinfaces Posts: 13 Member
    O! don't you worry this year will definitely count! Thanks for posting and welcome aboard ladies!!
  • gothikgrrl
    gothikgrrl Posts: 23 Member
    I am totally new to the board, but was a HORRIBLE over eater when I was a pre-teen after my dad died (used to make myself physically ill I'd eat so much). Then I lost about 90lbs. on my own. I then got into serious working out and my weight was good until right before I had my daughter at 27. I had put a little weight on because my ex was a big eater and liked me to eat with him. After my daughter was born and my ex and I broke up I think I just stopped caring. Then I did four surrogacies and put on even more weight. I am really starting my life over now, new state, new job, want to get the old body back, though. I also have gone from gestational diabetes to full time diabetes. It is well controlled, but would like it to go away. My doctor says if I lose the weight it might.

I have really upped my exercise and have cut almost all sweets out of my diet. Not that it's perfect, but it's a lot better. I am an eater (stressed, tired, cold LOL), but don't really over eat. I seem to have killed my metabolism, though my thyroid is fine. I really want to start dating again and get my health back. I am also looking for some support on the board, maybe we can help each other! :happy: