FOOD

MommyLora
MommyLora Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anybody have any good recipies? Or a "must have" cook book? Still got to feed the family!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    i love the biggest loser cookbook and the hungry girl cookbook ... i use both of them religiously
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    There is a $7 a meal series that has a $7 a meal healthy cookbook. It's not bad. Nice change from the seriously expensive stuff that is in most healthy recipes.

Also www.eatingwell.com. LOVE this site. Has some of the tastiest, most awesome food. I've eaten a ton of recipes off this site since dieting and none of them have let me down in taste/calories.

In fact, for some reason, I'm craving a tuna melt... I'm going to have to see what they have.
  • ErinSarah12
    ErinSarah12 Posts: 16 Member
    I love this site: http://recipes.womenshealthmag.com/homepage.aspx

It lets you filter by your dietary needs/concerns (low carb, dairy-free, no migraine triggers, etc...). My favourite low-carb recipe is Healthy Shepherd's Pie. I swear, it's just as good as the regular stuff! http://www.recipezaar.com/healthy-shepherds-pie-414445
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Oh. I just started my subscription to Women's Health. I love it! I'll need to check out their recipes too. I just purchased the American Hear Association Low-Salt Cookbook. It also includes low fat recipes. I'm not much of a cook and these recipes are do-able for me.....and tasty. :smile:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I second the Hungry Girl cookbooks. There are 3 total, I haven't gotten the new one yet but it's on my list. The 200 under 200 is great for snacks and small meals, but the other one is geared more towards full meals. All of them are amazing tho... you don't know you're eating low calorie, healthy food! And if you're a fan of cocktails, Hungry girl is putting out a low calorie cocktail book in the summer. I'll be the first on line for it :D
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    I like www.sparkrecipes.com

I just looked up that eating well site! YUM!

Eating for Life is a great cookbook!

I'm editing this to say that the eating well website is AMAZING!!! I can't stop looking at the recipes and now I'm starving!
This discussion has been closed.