No Carbs!

Options
I posted a topic long ago about how I've always had stomach problems and digestive problems and things came to a hilt over winter break (I'm a high school librarian and got 2 weeks off over Christmas/New Years) that resulted in my barely being able to eat and if I did I laid on the couch feeling like I weighed 400lbs on top of just being nauseous. Fearing I had developed the stomach flu, I made a doctor's appointment and while there he asked me about my diet and came to the conclusion that I was consuming way too many carbs.

He told me to quit eating bread/pasta and all "junk food" carbs, and go on what I liken to be a "caveman diet" where I only eat meat and vegetables. He told me he didn't want me eating any more than 30g of carbs a day.

I thought I had entered a new level of hell once I started this!

But, low and behold, it's worked.

My doctors appointment was on Jan. 2nd and I weighed 244lbs that morning. This morning the scale said 235.

I feel incredibly better overall and think it's because I've cut those things out. Last Saturday I had no time between sports team commitments and hit McDonalds for a quick sandwich and felt awful about an hour later, just like I did when I ate bread! I haven't had bread since and once again feel great.

He's also got me on Omeprazole to help with stomach acid/heartburn (even though heartburn was never a problem, he just thinks stomach acid was messing me up) and probiotics and I feel great!

Now comes the problem:
While this extremely low carb diet is working....I'm getting burned out. I eat the same things all the time and have almost a regimented schedule of eating because of it.

Can anyone who has been on a diet similar to this share some recipes/ideas for meals that have little to no carbs in them so that I can spice things up and continue on?

Thanks!

Replies

• hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You might try looking into the Primal/Paleo type lifestyle. There is a Primal/Paleo group here on MFP and Mark's Daily Apple website is the main Primal website/blog (ie the guy who came up with the Primal lifestyle runs it).

I started a mostly Primal 'diet' on Jan 1 and have found it effortless to follow. I did have a about a week of 'low carb flu' when I started but since then I feel great.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Reddit.com/r/keto

Reddit.com/r/ketorecipes
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
  • SHAUNA71904
    Options
    google lowcarb diet recipes. you will be shocked at what all pops up! My hsuband and I ate this way for a solid two years before I quit. you can make things interesting and unique. whatever you do, do not be afraid to use veggies in new ways! it an be fun to try these recipes and introduce them to other people as well
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have to be on a low/no carb diet too.

I use Linda's Low Carb site [ genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html ] a lot for recipes. I honestly dont mind eating the same thing day after day though. Takes the guesswork out of my daily meals.
  • SHAUNA71904
    Options
    I have to be on a low/no carb diet too.

I use Linda's Low Carb site [ genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html ] a lot for recipes. I honestly dont mind eating the same thing day after day though. Takes the guesswork out of my daily meals.

i LOVE that site as well!