Broken plateau

Options
johned63
johned63 Posts: 306 Member
After a period of regular losses I found myself spending almost 2 full months at a plateau. No matter what I changed things just would not move. Finally there has been movement. This period of no changes has been the hardest part of my journey so far and seeing the scale change this morning felt like one of my biggest successes.

[img]http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b605/johned63/Photobucket Desktop - JOHN-TAB/misc/208-1.jpg[/img]

Replies

• sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That makes me hopeful. I have had a month long plateau and am worried I am stuck forever. I will keep going forward! Congratulations :)
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! And good job sticking with it - even though it's hard sometimes!!!!!
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    exciting how did you break your plateau?
  • laancr
    laancr Posts: 2
    Options
    Wonderful!
  • GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well done!! That is always a nice thing when the plateau gets broken. There is that initial success and quick loss (especially for us guys) and then you settle down to a regular small loss every week. And then suddenly, the losses are even smaller and smaller and suddenly you are not losing anymore. You are doing the same things - but not losing? It worked for me before - whats wrong now? Thats the problem - doing the same thing.

I was also at a plateau for about three months and it drove me nuts. Eventually I changed just ONE thing in what I was eating, and it started it moving again.

Glad you off the plateau now, May it be ever downward!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Awesome! How did you break it?
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Did you do anything different to end the plateau?
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I deal with plateaus all the time due to hypothyroidism. Trust me, though, if you'll just stay the course, it WILL eventually come off! It took me all of last year just to lose 15 pounds. Most of those months, the weight stayed the same for me and then I'd drop 2 or 3 pounds at once, then plateau again for 5 or 6 weeks and then drop another pound. Hang in there!
  • Csoldano
    Csoldano Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    exciting how did you break your plateau?

I'm curious as well, I've just hit a plateau and it's kinda annoying and momentum breaking
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Well done!! That is always a nice thing when the plateau gets broken. There is that initial success and quick loss (especially for us guys) and then you settle down to a regular small loss every week. And then suddenly, the losses are even smaller and smaller and suddenly you are not losing anymore. You are doing the same things - but not losing? It worked for me before - whats wrong now? Thats the problem - doing the same thing.

I was also at a plateau for about three months and it drove me nuts. Eventually I changed just ONE thing in what I was eating, and it started it moving again.

Glad you off the plateau now, May it be ever downward!

ummm...what was the one thing you changed?
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I'm coming out of one myself! It was a long 2 months. I too changed one thing. I stopped eating after 830 and voila! Way to stick with it!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    well done!! I've in a similar position - how did you break through!!?
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That is so encouraging! I was stuck for 10 weeks....and finally 2 pounds off now, thanks for the update and congratulations on your progress.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories for a week and so no change, I lowered my calories for a week and saw no change, I took a full week off of exercise to rest and saw no change. Nothing really seemed to make a difference and finally I just figured what I had been doing before was working and if I stuck with it things would have to change.

So the last few weeks have just been eating the same, exercising the same and waiting for it to break.
  • Sunita2114
    Sunita2114 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!

I've been stuck at the same weight for the longest time and no matter what I do it never changes. Adjusted my food, increased my work-out significantly and nothing. Hopefully it will break soon.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats!

That's such a inspiration!

How did your break your plateau?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!