Upcoming Party

Options
I work for a great company. One of the nice things they do here is celebrate employee birthdays once a month. Next Friday we will have 7 different cakes, pies, or cobblers for the 7 employees having birthdays this month. I am already thinking of the choice. I have lost 4 lbs using MFP and don't want to sabotage my efforts. How do I handle this? Help!

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Take a small piece of whatever your favorite is. Try to get an estimate of cals (a few online searches or maybe an average of a few different ones in MFP) and log it. Try to fit it into your day. If not, it's ok.

Also, if you really just don't want to eat anything, politely say no thanks. :)
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If sweets is your weakness and you don't think your strong enough to stop then don't eat it. BUT if you MUST then get a small piece take two bites and throw it away. Then drink tons of water and chew mint gum. - It will get the taste out of your mouth and at least you had some. :)
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Take a small piece of whatever your favorite is. Try to get an estimate of cals (a few online searches or maybe an average of a few different ones in MFP) and log it. Try to fit it into your day. If not, it's ok.

Also, if you really just don't want to eat anything, politely say no thanks. :)

This. If you really want a piece and deny yourself you might end up overeating somewhere else just to get rid of the craving. Get a small piece, take small bites and savor each one. Then log it and move on with your day.
  • Snoozie48
    Snoozie48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I cant tell you what to do but I can tell you what I would do. I would have a small piece (about a 2-3 bite piece) and bring a piece of fruit to eat for more sweetness. Then I would chew some gum to make sure I don't go for seconds.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi ya 4lb down twinsie (i am down 4lbs my 1st week in as well woohoo) - so I would say if I was faced w/ this temptation - I would be sure to try to get a filling breakfast in before work. Lots of protein and fiber - that way when the cakes come out - I could have a small sampling of my absolute favorite choice on display - and then have say - some apples and peanutbutter for lunch - and a baby spinach salad with chicken or salmon for dinner - and lots of water water water to drink all day. That way you know the other calories of the day are on the lower side of things so you'd have wiggle room to log in the slice of delight that you had at the party lol. And if you have to work an 8 hour shift, and the buffet is out for half of the shift - can you maybe take your 1 slice back to your desk and enjoy a few bites all day? I would only enter the buffet area once and then stear clear the rest of the day for sure lol.
    Oh and....PRAY haha.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! These were great ideas. I will try them out. And I will also try to figure out how to get a cool progress slider for my profile. :happy: