Blisters on my toes?

mamacassi
mamacassi Posts: 131
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I went through a lot getting a good shoe and inserts, but now... I run/walk for ...2 hours a day. On a good day 3. And my shoes feel great but lately I notice my outer toes have blisters on the end. Is that a sock issue? I wear thick socks because my shoes are a little too big in the heal. However apparently theyre my size so I cant blame the shoe.

Replies

• Breezy929
    Breezy929 Posts: 17 Member
    You have to wear wicking socks and maybe even blister glide on your feet. I only need the glide when I'm walking long distances, but always wear my wicking socks.
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    I've never heard of those. I'll be sure to look it up
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Yep, get the wicking socks. Even with them, I get blisters on my toes sometimes. I just live with them, eventually a callous will form.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    I HATE BLISTERS! ... and I get them a lot, I'm a runner and I've tried almost every single brand. What helps me is... synthetic socks (this is huge), bodyglide (like vaseline kind of), and when I run I actually put tape on the side of my big toes which really helps... I spend more on socks too, I wear nike socks usually... oh and powder in your shoe can help too! Good luck.

~Leash :heart:
  • Breezy929
    Breezy929 Posts: 17 Member
    No need to live with them, but the glide on. Band Aid has some or you can just use Body Glide too.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    It took me so long to respond cause I'm so passionate about blisters haha... but as your can see socks are huge :smile:

• imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    It took me so long to respond cause I'm so passionate about blisters haha... but as your can see socks are huge :smile:

I like the new NIKE dry fit socks, they have a sort of elastic band middle that keeps your foot nice and tight, they wick away the moisture and the glide is a MUST!! I even put it under my arms, cause in the heat I can get some serious chaffing going on.
This discussion has been closed.