New girl!

Hey everyone!
I'm looking to lose quite a bit of weight (about 50lbs), and it's all weight I gained during a bad marriage...I was depressed and wasn't allowed to leave the house, so I ate and put on the pounds. Now I'm divorced and with a great guy, now I want my body to look as good as I feel!
I'm on a 1300 calorie a day health plan (I hate the word diet, makes everything sound awful!) and am starting to work out with cardio 4 times a week - any tips anyone could share would be awesome =)

Replies

• Kadesha72
    Kadesha72 Posts: 109 Member
    I'm just starting my weight loss also, so I don't know if I have any "big" tips... but I'm glad you are in a good place now so that you can keep yourself healthy!!! I was in an unhappy marriage and gained most of the weight, but I've put on even more since I met my new husband... because he likes girls with curves!! He truly doesn't care about my weight... so I've been just eating whatever!!! LOL. Now I'M unhappy with my body but he's cool with it.... but he likes ME to be happy, so he's being supportive as long as I promise not to become a stick girl (which I'm pretty sure is impossible with this girl)... LOL
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    I know that you're doing cardio, but I noticed from your profile that you were into kickboxing. You may benefit from making one or two of your exercise days a weight training day? Your body might respond quickly, and as it rebuilds muscle will burn body fat a little faster?