Logging 0 calorie foods??

Options

Replies

• lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If this is a serious question...there is no such thing as a negative calorie food!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    HI! I was just wondering what everyone thought of logging foods that technically have no calories or negative calories because your body burns the calories in them just by digesting the food, such as apples and celery and watermelon, etc. I guess my question is do you log these or do you just omit them because technically they don't make you gain anything?
    Thanks!

There is no such thing as negative calorie foods.

If it's 0 calories, don't I burn calories by logging it?
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this 0 calorie food? I'd like to binge guilt free....
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Yes, log them. Anything that goes in has to be accounted for and technically they aren't negative calories, they have a caloric content and no matter if you think you burn it your body may disagree after a certain point of consumption.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    No such thing as negative calorie foods. Scientists who ESTIMATE the amount of calories that are in a food already consider the digestive process.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    0 cal foods have sugar

hmmm
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My food has calories. I've never seen a zero calorie apple or celery in the database - and if there was it certainly wouldn't be accurate.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    If you bite it, write it!!
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    I think I've read that negative calories are a myth. Anyway, I don't log zero calorie drinks like plain unsweetened tea or water. What's the point, really..?
  • chelchelt
    chelchelt Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I log everything even if it's 0 calories
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    "Celery raw develops the jaw.
    But celery stewed is more quietly chewed." ~ O.N.
  • loudgls89
    loudgls89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If you bite it, write it!!
    This!
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yup, I log everything. The green tea I drink doesn't have any calories, but it has 25mg of sodium per serving.
  • Huzke
    Huzke Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What are these negative calorie foods? I want to eat an entire large pizza and then just erase it with these negative calories.

Thank you in advance!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Nvm.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Log everything because 0 cal foods have sugar, sodium, etc. Diet Coke has 70g of sodium, for example.

Exactly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    HI! I was just wondering what everyone thought of logging foods that technically have no calories or negative calories because your body burns the calories in them just by digesting the food, such as apples and celery and watermelon, etc. I guess my question is do you log these or do you just omit them because technically they don't make you gain anything?
    Thanks!

There is no such thing as negative calorie foods.

If it's 0 calories, don't I burn calories by logging it?

That would be the energy out side of the equation - make sure you eat those calories back :tongue:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just ate a Wendy's baconator wilste running on a treadmill for an hour and a half. Zero calorie food!!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Is this confusion perhaps because of diet plans like Weight Watchers or the like? Some food is considered to be 0 points so people get confused with that food having 0 calories?

Obviously, there is no such thing as 0 or negative calorie food.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Is this confusion perhaps because of diet plans like Weight Watchers or the like? Some food is considered to be 0 points so people get confused with that food having 0 calories?

Obviously, there is no such thing as 0 or negative calorie food.

This