Can I say I'm just thick or big boned?

2»

Replies

• weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    I was merely asking if anyone who might have had the same problem i do ever acomplished the "Thin or Small Frame" look.

I'm almost 30, and i have never met anyone who has done this before, like i said, i was just wondering if there's such a thing as being large frame, i mean why not? dont we sometimes call people petite, small frame, or slim.

Yes, there is such a thing as a large frame and if you are larger framed, nothing you do will give you the thin or small framed look. Even if you were to starve yourself and get down to 120 lbs, you'd still not have the thin or small framed look if you don't have a small frame. I'm 5'10" and have a good friend who is 5'11" and at a "skinny" point for me, I weighed 65 lbs more than her and wore the same size pants as her. She has a much smaller frame than I do and is much less muscular. She can and should maintain at the lower end of the scale while I can and should maintain at the higher end.
  • carlysuzanne85
    carlysuzanne85 Posts: 204 Member
    Every body is different and there is definitely such a thing as having a larger frame which should definitely be taken into account. I'm pretty curvy with wide hips myself. No matter how skinny I get, those hips are always going to be wide. It's all about being healthy and strong. One time I got down to the very bottom of "heathy/normal" BMI for my height and with my frame, I felt it made me look way too skinny. It just didn't work. My hip bones were jutting out. So I know now, I need to work on my strength training to make those curves fit and heathy. I know you're doing great and working really hard :).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    I'm "big boned" but I've gotten to a fairly lean 16% body fat. You can see in my profile picture that my bones are actually pretty big and I have broad shoulders. If anything, you'll look extra lean because your bones stick out more than someone with smaller bones.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    My husband is fond of saying, "I've never seen a fat skeleton."

But in all seriousness, my sister is 5'6" and looks fantastic at 145-150. Any less and she starts to look too thin. It might be because girls in my family tend to have larger breasts (d's to dd's when within our ideal weight ranges) and wider rib cages. I'd just go by how you feel, how you think you look and where you want to be.
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Lol, since i began gaining in my early 20's, perople have said 'Dont worry, your just big boned'

Since i was 67kg 'before' i was 'Big Boned' i don't believe in such a thing.

I believe its used more for an excuse than anything.

Different if a Chick says 'Your big boned' :laugh: ..then its totally appropriate. :laugh: