C25K Inside via treadmill???

Options
Does anyone strictly run on the treadmill... I started the C25K program before back in September 2012 (I think) and had to stop in Week 8 because I had to have Neck Surgery... Right now I am doing 30 Day Shred and plan to hit this again (til the end this time) when I am done... Before I was running inside by time.. not distance as I have been told that distance on the treadmill isn't the same as road work.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has done this stricktly inside.. thinking that after completion inside I would do it out side next to step it up.. (still by time because I run slow)... Thoughts???

Any supporters are welcome.. send me requests with a little message.. Ladies only please! Thanks!

Replies

• ChantelleFowler
    ChantelleFowler Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Yes, when I did C25K in 2010, I did it all on the treadmill :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with doing it on the treadmill but you'll have a big transition when you move outside. You'll certainly build your cardio endurance up and you can always challenge yourself with a bit of incline.
  • KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am using the treadmill only right now ... Week 2, Day 3 tomorrow. I do put it on a 1% incline :)
  • jmacavoy
    jmacavoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago, starting on the treadmill for the first about 5 weeks then went outside. To be honest, running outside was easier. There were more distractions outside that took my mind off the running and I wasn't focusing on the treadmill's control panel wishing away the seconds
  • Amandatorie
    Amandatorie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago, starting on the treadmill for the first about 5 weeks then went outside. To be honest, running outside was easier. There were more distractions outside that took my mind off the running and I wasn't focusing on the treadmill's control panel wishing away the seconds

I totally agree! Outside is so much better. I did a few weeks worth of it outside a while back, and now I'm starting over on the treadmill. I'm only on week 2, but week 1 went fine on the treadmill. It's just annoying to have to keep adjusting the speed. I've been doing it on a 2.5 incline, to challenge myself and make it more like outside. When it's warm enough to do outside, I might "start over" again...if nothing else it will help with my speed.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I did the whole program outside this past summer. I can run 5k now but I get so bored on the treadmill (I do love running it outside). I have been going back through the program and using the walk/run intervals as Jog/Run instead. I think this approach will help my overall speed by the time I get outside again, but really it is just to keep from falling asleep on the belt :happy:
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I did my C25K on the treadmill too. :)
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out and on the treadmill. I'm not a fan of the treadmill but its way too cold outside for me. I am looking forward to a warmer day so I can give it a shot outdoors.