So I am confused again!!

Options
I like to take my long walk in the morning and then in the evening..but it is always right after I eat (about half hour)...should I not be walking then...I was told that by doing that I am just wasting my time..Is this true...Please help me figure this out!!

Replies

• nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    How are you just wasting your time? People kind of annoy me with this crap.....they're the same one that tell you not to eat 3 hours before you go to bed because then the calories just sit there.

No.

Any calories you eat are (+)s.

Any exercise you do are (-)s.

Have more (-)s than you do (+)s, and you lose weight.

Why do people make it so hard?? :)

LOL....do what you're doing, lady! Any exercise is better than none!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I exercise in the morning and at night. At night it's usually an hour after my dinner. Am I wasting my time...NO!!! And neither are you. Exercise whenever you can.

Calories in vs. Calories out. It took me a LONG time to trust and believe that.
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Great answer!
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I used to follow a program that said to work out on an empty stomach because it will burn fat instead of calories from food. It didn't make sense to me because if I burn calories from food while I'm working out then why doesn't that mean I'm burning calories from fat later when the food is gone? What's the difference when I burn fat instead of food? None. Burn more than you eat and you'll lose weight--simple as that.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Absolutely not!!!! Tell whomever told you that they are whacked!!!! And, calories aside.....you are still toning the muscles you are working!!!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone else keep exercising no matter when you exercise is better than not exercising at all.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the answers..I am happy with the times that I exercise..and I will keep doing what I am..I was told this by a football coach..(yea thats right).. I could not figure out how I was wasting my time either but I figured I would post this since it was making me second guess myself...Thanks for your responce..
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I agree, and I love the pics... cute babies!!!! :happy:
  • Coppersky55
    Options
    Congrats on losing that weight so far ahead of schedule. I swam in college and the one thing I can tell you is never listen to coaches, they never knew what they were talking about and sometimes would tell information that harms their own athletes. You work out whenever it works for you and keep up the good work.
  • sajar_06
    sajar_06 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    You are not wasting your time or energy. Exercising any time no matter what the exercise is is never a waste of time. It truly is calories in and calories out. Continue doing what works for you and things will shape up for you and you will be healthier for it. God Bless, Brenda
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I usually eat after I exercise but I don't think it matters either way. The only reason I do it that way is I really have to do it when I first get home and before I sit down or I'll start making excuses for why I can't exercise. Exercise makes you hungry but if you eat before that won't happen. I figure if you're burning your food or burning your fat, it's still the same amount of calories and you're going to burn it off one way or another.
  • mswing7674
    Options
    My trainer told me working out first thing in the morning is great as it boosts your metabolism first thing in the morning to get you started...I agree why do people have to make things so complicated
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've read that if you walk/workout/exercise BEFORE you eat, if revs up your metabolism so you you, more or less, burn more calories that you eat right afterward.

I don't follow this, I'm just sharing information. I say that if you don't get cramps while walking (due to eating a meal), then keep at it. I can't workout if I'm hungry, so I usually snack before workouts.
  • Questfor250
    Questfor250 Posts: 155
    Options
    I have to add my two cents. If all it is is calories in and out and all that, then why are there so many of us at plateaus on this site? It is not that simple. It takes time to learn how our systems work. Exercise is good no matter when you do it. So don't worry. Go eat 1000 calories and then walk 1000 off. It matters in the scope of things, but it is not the only thing.