How do I..................?????????????????????/

Options
This is making me mad. I do exercises and none of them are even on the data base. What's up with that. OMG I'm sore too. I did the wii fit plus routine. Anyone know how to log that?? it was a lil cardio and some strength and yoga. How do I log that??

Basically I am a newbie when it comes to logging my exercises. lol

Replies

• SnivyToast
    SnivyToast Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can try a TDEE method instead. Under that you wouldn't need to eat back your exercise calories as they are already accounted for. Aka there would be no need to log exercise then.

You are sore because of DOMS (delay onset muscle soreness), this is just meaning that your routine is new and your body is adapting to it. It'll go away soon, don't worry :)
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of wii exercises in the data base. But, doesn't the Wii Fit count estimated calorie loss? Maybe look into getting Wii Fit Resort if you dont have it.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    For the Wii Fit, I put in the calories estimated by the game. Do this once and MFP remembers your new exercise and adjusts based on how long. If you do something o pletely different and the numbers are very different, you can adjust. I do this even though I have a riser for when I do stp aerobics and weighted gloves for when I swing my arms around.

If you want to be more precise, you have to get a HRM - calorie burns that you can look up are always averages. YMMV, depending on your weight, how much you flail around, etc.
  • angelzoya519
    Options
    You can try a TDEE method instead. Under that you wouldn't need to eat back your exercise calories as they are already accounted for. Aka there would be no need to log exercise then.

You are sore because of DOMS (delay onset muscle soreness), this is just meaning that your routine is new and your body is adapting to it. It'll go away soon, don't worry :)

What is TDEE?? B/c I don't want to eat back my exercise calories. That is the reason I struggle a lot of times b/c I think I have to eat the calories they made me burn. I hate that. I love to eat what I have a goal of and not add more to it. But at the same time I like to know how many calories I would of had to eat back too. I hope u understand that lol.
  • angelzoya519
    Options
    There are a lot of wii exercises in the data base. But, doesn't the Wii Fit count estimated calorie loss? Maybe look into getting Wii Fit Resort if you dont have it.

Wii fit does have a calorie loss counter and for the 27 minutes I did work out on the Wii. I lost 166 calories. For the remaining 3 minutes I did Jumping jacks and squats and warm up and warm down. So I don't know what to do lol.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Try calisthenics. But, it's not going to be super accurate. When I do this, I look at the calories the default calisthenics gives me, and then adjust up or down based on how hard I felt the workout was.
  • SnivyToast
    SnivyToast Posts: 25 Member
    Options

What is TDEE?? B/c I don't want to eat back my exercise calories. That is the reason I struggle a lot of times b/c I think I have to eat the calories they made me burn. I hate that. I love to eat what I have a goal of and not add more to it. But at the same time I like to know how many calories I would of had to eat back too. I hope u understand that lol.
    Here is some info on TDEE:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/512956-tdee-what-is-it-and-why-you-should-not-eat-below-your-bmr

It builds in your work outs into what you will be eating. I find it is much easier to stay on track using it and it prevents me from needing to track work out calories. I try not to think in the way of "I worked out today therefore I can eat more" because it tends to get me off track.