HOW DO YOU CELEBRATE YOUR GOALS?

Options
omaybelle
omaybelle Posts: 3 Member
Hey All - I'm relatively new here.....been at it for about a week now and have lost 4lb with about a million more to go. I've been thinking about goals and setting some. But what do you do to celebrate when you've reached a goal? In the "eat all you want world" (you know, the one we've left behind) I would have gone out to eat to celebrate. But that seams a bit silly now, seeing as how I'm trying to loose all the the pounds from those celebratory dinners!!!

Just looking for some ideas as to what others have done.

thanks and good luck to all!
sara

Replies

• bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My rewards are listed below my signature.
  • kbhobbs
    kbhobbs Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi! I don't know what I do when I reach my goal cuz I've not done it yet. I am thinking of buying a new shirt or pair of pants. Something small to begin. if I meet the BIG one, then I'll worry about it. But eating hopefully will not be what i do!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Just to dig out my smaller clothes and be able to bag up the bigger ones - are good enough for me! I've been very satisfied with these as rewards. :bigsmile:
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Every twenty pounds I lose I let myself eat something I normally wouldn't. First twenty was a quarter pound cheseburger from McDonald's, second twenty pounds was greasy fried chicken from a local bar, the next twenty is going to to be Cadburry Eggs!!!

When I reach my halfway point I am going to buy some new clothes. I am still wearing pants from 47 pounds ago.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I hate to hate on the post above me because if it works for you GO GET EM! but you should not reward yourself with food. One thing i did when i was on weight watchers is I rewarded myself with things to continue my motivation. One weight goal, I bought new gym shoes so then I wanted to go to the gym. Another thing I bought was headphones for my ipod, once again, got me in the gym. Other cool ideas might be a new bike, an exercise machine, new workout clothing, etc. This time around, as you can see, i'm rewarding myself with things that are more fun...but that worked for me last time. Just...don't do food, because the less you eat it, the less you crave it. When you forget what it tastes like you are better off rather than shoving your face and wanting it more the next day.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    gotten some small "treats" new earrings, nails done, kitchen gadget stuff.
    at 75 lbs i got a new ipod nano ( so i could continue to work my *kitten* off at the gym):laugh: :laugh:
    now at 90 i got two new spring jackets that should work for quite while
    oh- and some new shoes (i don't wear a wide anymore & my shoes were getting quite sloppy when i walked) :bigsmile:

next month, my birthday & i am totally going to make 100lbs, best birthday ever!!!!!! -katie
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have always been one to celebrate a huge loss, at least 10 pounds with some type of "food" splurge. But I must say maybe I should re-visit this as well.

I always feel like clothes are a give-in -- no matter what you weigh you have to wear clothes. LOL

And well, I have jewelry, I like sterling silver and that's cheap, and if I see something I like I'll buy it, whether
    I'm 200 or 150. LOL

So I don't know what to do to celebrate weight loss goals.

Maybe the goals for me need to be internal, spiritual, sense of accomplishment and not something tangible.

How's that?

~Tammy
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    When I get to 50 lbs lost, hubby & I are getting a sitter, going to a nice dinner, and a full-price awesome movie. Can't wait!
    Hoping I'll be at 75 lbs lost in June in time for cousin's wedding so I can go nuts on summer wardrobe. Also excited!
    Honestly, taking pride in the results of my hard work is reward enough.
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    When I lose the next 10lbs..I am going for a full body massage..next 10 will be a massage..and a facial. Of course new smaller clothes are always fun.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    I treated myself to a new hair cut for my first 20lbs
    The next twenty will hopefully be in time for Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary and if it is I am buying a new outfit for it otherwise I will wait and maybe get a new spring outfit or a book or pedicure/manicure or something like that.. I pick something small because my big gift in the end is a whole new wardrobe!!!!!! oh, and a new healthier body!!!!!!! What more could you ask for..
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I keep saying I'm going to reward myself and I still havent done it. First it was suppose to be with my first manicure, then flowers. I havent done anything really yet.

I did join a gym (major fear for me) and feel that I'm a conquerer for that.

I think I'm going to start getting myself flowers for every 10 lbs.

My one big overall reward is going to be a trip to Tuscany where I've always wanted to be. But thats 95 lbs away...bummer.
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 24lbs. When I get there I want my lip pierced. Plus that gives me much time to make sure I want that! I also will get a new dress for my brother in laws wedding!
    My big goal is 54lbs by my 6 year anniversary, Yeah I will get something super sexy! That I will enjoy wearing and feel completely comfortable in!
  • crapattack
    Options
    that is a good question! i was just thinking about it today and was like, oh i'm going to get a CUPCAKE WAIT NO LUCY NO. i agree that food-based rewards are probly not helpful for me, as i know i'm addicted to food and am trying to get over that. hmmm... you know, i really like doing projects, like jewelery and stuff, maybe i could set a goal around that? like lose 10 pounds: see if i can get the epoxy molds to work. i like the idea of clothes, too, since it's been a while since i've been able to shop at some of my favorite stores.
  • tientita
    tientita Posts: 1
    Options
    Great ways to celebrate I guess~~~ I think Massage is great!! just make ur own goals & what u really want.. I guess that will help~~ Mine is new clothes & new pants when I get to my goal... Have a good one & keep healthy!
  • omaybelle
    omaybelle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow everyone!!!!! you had some great ideas.

i think we all have to wear clothes....and it's been awhile since i saw my skinny ones.....they'll be like a surprise to me anyway!!! I almost cant remember what they were. Of course...they prolly aren't in fashion anymore either!!

Someone mentioned getting a new ipod - it's funny but that's why i'm on here anyway. Because of the app i found for MFP for the ipod touch. Whoever would have thought that a silly ipod would have prompted me to loose weight? and made it easier to boot?

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas - Now i better get to deciding!!
    sara
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    Wow! good for you! keep it up!
  • Cmull
    Cmull Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started a pandora bracelet
    that I am calling my journey bracelet.
    Every 5 lbs lost I will get a new charm and wearing
    it everyday will help remind me of how far I have travelled
    on this journey that I am on.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    For my first 20lbs lost I bought myself nice earrings, for my 50lbs lost I bought an expensive Guess purse and 90lbs lost I bought some clothes!!!!