When you want to punch your friends in the face...?

Options

Replies

• chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    She's so vain.. I bet she thinks this thread is about her.

Win!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    The way I generally handle these things (maybe not the best way) is to say something in the same "just kidding, but not really tone" to put her in her place. Example: "Haha, I'm sure the captain/pilot will be fine"
    Or occasionally light sarcasm will do it too "Oh the woes of married life..."

Of course, the most mature way would probably be to just let her know up front how it makes you feel, but I just find those sorts of conversations way too awkward...
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Take solace in the chances that she may still getting fat and ugly. I mean if she just got married, she'll likely have kids in the future and that can cause HAVOC. Plus the whole comfort of marriage is likely to pack on some pounds. Kepp the friendship...you want to be around for that fall don't you?

This is why we're friends ♥
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

LOL....a little Carly Simon never hurt ANYONE.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

lol yes!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I invite them to come boxing with me... I agree with Dr Merc, a shot to the kidney hurts more.

kidding aside...

She is clearly very insecure in her own skin and doesn't see any value outside her looks. Maybe if she liked herself (or felt others liked her) for more than her looks, she wouldn't struggle as much.

Maybe her hubby DOES compliment her looks so much that she's afraid that is all she sees... and is therefore constantly afraid of losing it. She has some mind issues to work through.

Now it's your choice... do you want to wash your hands of it and walk away... or do you want to 'friend-up' and walk through this with her?
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    She is your basic attention *kitten*, plain and simple.
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    It's her world; you just live in it.

Seriously, she is begging for attention. Don't feed the beast. Nothing you say will get through to her. I have a friend I've had to distance myself from due to her 'oh, poor me' attitude. Everything, and I do mean everything, is about her and how she gets screwed over and has it so bad all the time.

I feel your pain. But I don't have time for this soul-sucking behavior, so I just don't engage. Find some friends who are interested in more than you propping up their egos.
  • HykerGurl
    HykerGurl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Send me her name and email, I will tell her what a McDoucher she is being :-) I have known people like that in the past and karma does catch up, they got really big after having kids and couldn't lose the weight and they always look haggered. Chin up buttercup and do yourself a favor, just don't talk to her. Exchange pleasantries occasionally, but don't keep a spot for that nonsense in your life. Life is short, it should be filled with happiness and adventure. Friends should lift you up!:flowerforyou:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Whelp, not much you can do but confront her about it. If you don't say anything then she won't know.

She should really be a friend that compliments you and others as much if not more than herself, that's what friends do right? Make each other feel good about themselves but at the same time find a way to be honest with each other as well.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, you have three options...

1) Figure out if she's realy the kind of person you want to have in your life. If you're getting THAT ticked off at her for stupid comments she's making the maybe it's time to come to terms with the fact that you two really don't need to be friends anymore. It's not easy but I've gone through this with a few people in my life.

2) Realize that she's sadly insecure and although she's pretty on the outside, she's junk on the inside, feel pity for her and brush off the stupid comments.

3) Let her know that her words are hurtful to you. She can't change if she doesn't know she's doing something wrong.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    You seem like a bad friend, and she seems a little insecure.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    First ---- you should be able to say these things to her face. In fact, you should probably say them ONLY to her face instead of backstabbing her on the internet to a bunch of strangers who have no idea who she is.

And last
    if it makes you that upset - de-friend. Obviously you both don't need each other if you are going to get this frustrated because she wants attention and she ends up getting her faults posted on the internet.

Just. Break. Up.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

they should just break up already...
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

LOL....a little Carly Simon never hurt ANYONE.

Just ignore her with a quite phhh sound, because I don’t think you’ll be friends forever. Some day she will be jealous of you and move on.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

QFT
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

lol
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I invite them to come boxing with me... I agree with Dr Merc, a shot to the kidney hurts more.

kidding aside...

She is clearly very insecure in her own skin and doesn't see any value outside her looks. Maybe if she liked herself (or felt others liked her) for more than her looks, she wouldn't struggle as much.

Maybe her hubby DOES compliment her looks so much that she's afraid that is all she sees... and is therefore constantly afraid of losing it. She has some mind issues to work through.

Now it's your choice... do you want to wash your hands of it and walk away... or do you want to 'friend-up' and walk through this with her?

^This.

She's a newlywed. They can be among the most insufferable people out there. As can brides-to-be. It'll pass and she'll mostly go back to being sweet and charming. It's a combination of being hopelessly in love with her spouse and being insecure that he won't always be hopelessly in love with her. A lot of newlywed women do this.
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I prefer a kick to the taco...
  • fbranch7
    fbranch7 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

BAAHHHAAAAAAA!!