Mini Pizzas

jbelldesign
jbelldesign Posts: 9 Member
I found this recipe a long time ago, and it is a great substitute for regular pizza...

Ragu Pizza Sauce (or any other brand)
Tortilla Wraps (I get the Mission Carb Balance ones and they are really yummy & 18g of carbs)
Shredded Cheese (any kind you like)

Toppings: (ideas for toppings are...)
Chicken srtips
Spinach
Mushrooms
Lean Sausage
Onions
...anything really!

I've even done barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce with chicken, pineapple & mozzarella, it was really good! I've also done a "white" pizza, with a little bit of ricotta, mozzarella, some pesto sauce instead of pizza sauce, with chicken, garlic & spinach, another really good one!!! just keep an eye on how much your putting on it, it's all about portions to keeping it healthy!

You can really be creative and it's good for the whole family, especially when people like different toppings!

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and pop them in on a pizza stone or cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. you'll want to make sure the tortilla is a little crispy. be careful not to overload your pizza, one because it's all about portions! and two because it will get heavy in the middle.

i've found you aren't able to cut it and eat it like a pizza with all of the toppings, unless it's just cheese, but it's still really yummy with a fork and knife! then make a side salad and dinner is served!

enjoy!

Replies

• jbelldesign
    I found this recipe a long time ago, and it is a great substitute for regular pizza...

Ragu Pizza Sauce (or any other brand)
    Tortilla Wraps (I get the Mission Carb Balance ones and they are really yummy & 18g of carbs)
    Shredded Cheese (any kind you like)

Toppings: (ideas for toppings are...)
    Chicken srtips
    Spinach
    Mushrooms
    Lean Sausage
    Onions
    ...anything really!

I've even done barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce with chicken, pineapple & mozzarella, it was really good! I've also done a "white" pizza, with a little bit of ricotta, mozzarella, some pesto sauce instead of pizza sauce, with chicken, garlic & spinach, another really good one!!! just keep an eye on how much your putting on it, it's all about portions to keeping it healthy!

You can really be creative and it's good for the whole family, especially when people like different toppings!

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees and pop them in on a pizza stone or cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. you'll want to make sure the tortilla is a little crispy. be careful not to overload your pizza, one because it's all about portions! and two because it will get heavy in the middle.

i've found you aren't able to cut it and eat it like a pizza with all of the toppings, unless it's just cheese, but it's still really yummy with a fork and knife! then make a side salad and dinner is served!

enjoy!
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    I can't eat it just yet but my three year old loved it. Thanks for the idea.
  • jbelldesign
    I'm glad!! they are yummy!! :)
This discussion has been closed.