Still can't get clothes to fit!

Options
I started on MFP in October and have lost 1 stone making me 10st. I plan to try & get back down to 8st which I was a few years ago before piling the weight on then having a baby. I am back down to the weight I was before falling pregnant. I put on about 3st during pregnancy and it's took just over a year to get back down.

The problem I'm having is with clothes sizes. I've been trailing the shops for 2 days now trying to find an outfit for our family photo shoot tomorrow and cannot get anything to fit properly. I have size 14 jeans in the wardrobe that are now hanging off & look ridiculous yet I cannot even get the size 14 jeans in the shops to zip up and I've been in every shop in the town! It's driving me mad! Yes a size 16 may zip up but they just look ridiculous because they're too baggy on the legs as I have quite skinny legs!

Looks like I'm living in my comphy 4 year old size 12 leggings for a while yet!

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Does anyone else think it's the sizes that are all wrong? It's really getting me down!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Women's sizing is crazy. There's absolutely no consistency. Even among brands I find them to be all over the place.

My suggestion would be a nice dress/skirt for the photo shoot - they're usually more size friendly than pants.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Have them altered until you get to a point where you can find what you're looking for.
  • Insanity2bSane
    Insanity2bSane Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try a different style of jeans on that are slimmer through the hip area. If I try on same size jeans and one of them is curvy and the other slim through hip the curvy one looks like its 2 sizes to big. Just ask at the store if they have this style.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Yup, womens clothing sizing sucks!

I can range between about 8 diffferent sizes depending on the brand, style and fit. Even two pairs of the same size fit differently.

Things you have had for a while also will fit differently than the exact item in the store since the fabric will stretch out with use.

Get a nice dress to wear!