Ideas of healthy dinners?

Options
Hey eveyone, Ive been on a diet for 15 days now, and my weigh in is every friday, today i weighed myself and I hadnt lost any weight whereas in the 1st week I lost 9lbs :(

Ive been eating the same old boring grilled chicken or fish wid veg and potatoes every single day have no idea what low calorie dinners I could eat and I am having trouble eating breakfast too :explode: , So I need your help please please and please?????

Add me if you want :smile:

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having a can of sauerkraut with a Johnsonville 50% less fat turkey and cheddar sausage cut up in it. May sound gross but it is delish! 285 calories and very filling.
  • andersonjo0306
    andersonjo0306 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I had an issue with breakfast as well, I have started with a protein shake in the morning. It really helps. To keep on track you really need to make sure you eat breakfast. There is something to be said about what our mothers and grandmothers told us: "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day". Now that I am doing the shake I can have a snack about 3 hours later which keeps me until lunch. Don't give up. Healthy dinners? There are a ton of recipe places on the web, just remember it really is all about portion control. I even have homemade mini pizzas and they are only 350 calories for 2!!! Experiment
  • Mandybean88
    Options
    I like making stews/soups/casseroles etc. I guess it can just be 'chicken and veg' so might sound boring but you can flavour them how you want, and you know exactly what's going into it :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    check out websites like cookinglight.com or eatingwell.com...tons of really great recipes. In terms of "healthy", that is very subjective and varies from person to person in RE to what their goals are, medical conditions, macro requirements, etc.

Both of those websites are great and I've used a great many of their recipes and so far haven't come across one that I've thrown in the trash.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Not sure how many calories you are looking for, but here is what we had for dinner this week. Most are about 600-1000 calories, depending on your portion size.

Last night we had shrimp and veggies in reduced fat alfredo sauce over penne pasta.
    Wed was pulled pork tacos - leftover pulled pork, mashed pintos, reduced fat cheddar, salsa, chopped onion and lettuce on corn tortilla
    Tues - pulled pork sandwiches - 100% whole wheat buns, homemade slaw & pulled pork w bbq sauce - and green beans
    Mon - store bought rotissere chicken, roasted cabbage, stuffed tomatoes - roma tomato halves stuffed with leftover brown rice, goat cheese, onion and parsley

Fish and chicken both make great tacos.
    Cajun red beans and rice (brown rice) with a side of collard greens is a personal favorite.
  • Jennystimetolose
    Jennystimetolose Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hiya feel free to look at my diary I have 1200 calories a day and have plenty to eat ant my favourite is a chicken kebab from my local of course. :) x
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    You can throw pretty much ANY meat, veggies, broth, and seasonings into a crockpot before you go to work... set it on low for 8 hours. When you get home make some brown rice and a yummy salad :) You will have dinner/ lunch for days!!!

Breakfast-- I like smoothies (spinach, fruit, greek yogurt in blender) and high protein cereals (Special K Protein Plus) with unsweetened almond milk.

Good luck! Don't stress over the lack of loss this week. You had a HUGE loss last week and you probably just hit a temporary wall. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    This: http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2012/06/philly-cheesesteak-stuffed-peppers.html

I cut out the butter and reduce the amount of olive oil to saute. Reduce the provolone to one slice on top. Around 350 calories per serving.