What do you consider support?

Options
I don't mean in your day to day, RT life, I mean here in MFP on your news feed or when you post a topic.

Replies

• rougecrayon
    Options
    I really like to look at others food journals. I get food ideas, and see what my successful friends are eating in a day.
    I also like people commenting on my cardio - it's like good job me!

My main source of inspiration though is the fact that my MFP friends can see my diary so I think to myself "What would my MFPers say about this??"
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Telling people what they need to hear, even if it isn't what they want to hear.
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Just knowing that we're all in this together and each and everyone know how hard the journey is. I like having my diary open and my MFP friends commenting and us all sharing in each others success when we lose.
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Agree with Jojo42. We're in it together and understand it's all about subtle changes in lifestyle which eventually leads to success and NOT going the quick route with schemes, diet shakes, and often dangerous diet drugs.

I also have a GREAT support network from my co-workers! They're all wonderful and have been very supportive of my weight loss efforts. :bigsmile:
  • tammyjane42
    Options
    Having people encourage me makes me feel good, and knowing that I am not the only one struggling to be healthy. Looking at the foods that other people are eating helps me get ideas on new selections.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Humor and sexual innuendo usually works. I'm not the cheerleader-y type, so I don't give, nor do I expect to receive the traditional "WTG" kinds of comments. I expect people to be real, and kick my @ss if it's needed.

There is a time and place for sweet and comforting but usually tough love works better with me.
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you don't think you've done well enough, eg lost less weight than you hoped to, or doing less exercise than planned, your MFP pals are there to remind you that what you did manage was still a good effort. It's good to be reminded that every step is a positive, no matter how small.
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like the occasional silliness. It's nice to remember that we're all humans and doing the same thing.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Wise-crakin' and beer drinkin' - same things I need from all of my friends.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    People who like my shoes and my wine drinking.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Writing "GJ" on as many peoples profiles as possible.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I just like having people to talk to about anything that are also interested at different levels of health and fitness. I considering support just being there to comment and talk to when I have something I want to say.

Basically the same thing i appreciate about having friends IRL.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I like looking at other peoples food/exercise diaries to get new ideas and see what their macros look like. It's also interesting to see what works for different people. I appreciate the "good jobs" on my workouts, but it doesn't bother me if I don't get it either and a lot of my friends don't do that. Them just being there really helps, makes me feel like we're in this together.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    When I ask a question of one of my friends or if one of my friends asks me a question or something specific or some specific problem is posted on my news feed or even just conversation about what's going on. I almost never comment on my friends when MFP posts that they've completed their diary or a workout or something like that. That's sort of obligatory IMHO and I could say "way to go" or something but like I said...it's just kind of obligatory.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Being awesome with a friends list of even more awesome folks.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Someone yelling at me and calling me out on my lame excuses
    is that all ya got Starbuck??
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends are really good about encouraging me, but also give me advice and helpful suggestions about how to improve. They've also been really great about answering questions if I feel lost or like I'm not doing well enough. Since, as others said, we're all in this together, it's nice to feel like I'm part of a group who will understand what's going on. IRL, I'm the only one in my family/friend circle who's working on something like this.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Bras, belts, etc
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    jock straps
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRo4gQsqFdV8s_7mN_saaxES4BtbflmOFcIqZ3QBjPHhZzP0F5B