Lifting/Cardio

Options
Okay so I have a lot of weight to lose still. About 80 before I feel comfortable with myself. I started doing cardio every other day and P90X the weight lifting ones like legs&back, shoulders&arms, back&biceps on the days I don't do cardio. How long after I started lifting will I see results? Also, is cardio and lifting a good day to lose all this weight? I've been doing it for almost 3weeks and I do feel pretty good and will keep going but I wondered how long. I wanted to hear from people that started out real heavy and incorporated lifting to their cardio workout schedule to know what they went through and how long before they saw results. :D

Replies

• moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Cardio, Strength, Nutrition, Flexibility are all equally important components of being a fit healthy person. They are all important and need to be a part of your program.

Weight comes off slowly, and you see yourself every day. I didn't really notice results or have many other people comment on it until I had lost 50lbs or so.

Take pictures and measurements (it sucks to do at first, but when you get farther along you will be glad you did)

Accept that things will move slowly. Do it right and the fat will come of and stay off
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I mean I LOVE lifting even more than cardio now that I have gotten the hang of things. I also do see more definition. I had my 9yr old hide the scale because I will only weigh in once a month from now on and also measure once a month but I do see more definition in my legs and some in my arms. Just seeing what everyone had to say about how long it took for them to see results. :)
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    They aren't all important unless the results of each are important to you
  • abbyface
    Options
    Take pictures and measurements (it sucks to do at first, but when you get farther along you will be glad you did)

Quoting this part because it bears repeating: sometimes the number on the scale doesn't seem to move, but the visuals can still be vastly improved, especially as you're nearing your final goal. It's very motivating to know how far you've come.
  • Knoxvilla5
    Knoxvilla5 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I mean I LOVE lifting even more than cardio now that I have gotten the hang of things. I also do see more definition. I had my 9yr old hide the scale because I will only weigh in once a month from now on and also measure once a month but I do see more definition in my legs and some in my arms. Just seeing what everyone had to say about how long it took for them to see results. :)

Check SuperCork's profile on here and you'll see some amazing results sans P90X--just diet, walking, and lifting.

+200lbs to an athletic build
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options

I'm still pretty new to lifting, but it's taken me about 5 weeks to start seeing small changes in inches and on the scale (I lift 3x/week and run 1-2). It definitely takes time.
  • cntrygrl72
    Options
    i have lways been told it takes about 4 weeks before you'll notice a difference
  • shamah84
    shamah84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! I really appreciate all the responses :) Definitely am enjoying it. It's taking me some time to take a rest day since I sometimes fear I may not do as well if I do. Thanks again!! :D