Vitatops!

Options
mgodby86
mgodby86 Posts: 27 Member
Hi all
I just wanted to recommend to you this new food I discovered today called Vitatops (basically muffin tops). Publix had them buy one get one free this week and I decided to try them out. They have a few different varieties, at 100 calories each with 1.5g of fat...3g of protein and 6g of fiber. They also have 50% of many vitamins such as vitamin A, Iron, Folic Acid, and others. They are in the frozen food section, by the breakfast foods I think. They're a decent size and the chocolate flavor I bought seems like it will be a great way to finish off the day. They're a bit pricey though, but they're bound to be on sale at one point. Here is the main website of the company: http://www.vitalicious.com/index.html. They make lots of other things too.

I know it sounds like I am writing a paid review in this post, haha, but I assure you I am not. It's a nice little treat with some added vitamins and a pretty decent caloric/fiber value.Thought you would be interested! :)

Replies

• kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hm Ive been wondering about these! Thanks for the review!
  • jaime1314
    jaime1314 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vitatops are the greatest invention ever. Love the Double Chocolate ones, I just wish our Target had more varieties, I don't know about ordering them on the interwebz.
  • kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    i like them. you can get them in the freezer section at safeway. I go for one when i have a day that im having trouble getting all my cals in. theyre good :)
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I love these as well! I bought the variety box from the company website so I could taste all of them. I really like all of the chocolate flavors, even the new mint choco. Cran Bran & corn muffin are also good. Actually the only one I didn't really like was banana nut. It wasn't gross, just not as good as the others & had a slight aftertaste. My variety box also had the brownies & I ate 1 & will not be eating the other 3. I thought they were dry & gross. If you register on the company website they will email you coupon codes ALL THE TIME. You can also find really good prices (w/free shipping) on Amazon.

My mom just lets them thaw naturally for an hour or so. I like to nuke it for 15 seconds then put in toaster on lowest setting. Yummmm
  • ilovecoffee
    ilovecoffee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Probably in the minority here, but I do not like them. If I want chocolate, I will eat the real thing. Two dove chocolates contain only 88 calories and every single one of them is enjoyable. The same goes for all this non-fat cheese, butter, etc. For a quick sugar rush before a workout nothing beats a fresh orange. To combat hunger cravings, eat a banana, a hard boiled egg, or drink a glass of milk. If you avoid food from boxes you can eat lots of healthy, satisfying foods without all the additives. You will also save a ton of money.:wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info nice to see they sell them locally too:wink:

Appreciate the review on them, might give them a try:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Probably in the minority here, but I do not like them. If I want chocolate, I will eat the real thing. Two dove chocolates contain only 88 calories and every single one of them is enjoyable. The same goes for all this non-fat cheese, butter, etc. For a quick sugar rush before a workout nothing beats a fresh orange. To combat hunger cravings, eat a banana, a hard boiled egg, or drink a glass of milk. If you avoid food from boxes you can eat lots of healthy, satisfying foods without all the additives. You will also save a ton of money.:wink:
    hm, good points I was just going to grab an orange and you reminded me my long term goal is to enjoy that sweetness that comes naturally. Glad you posted!:flowerforyou:

It does remind me of the Lucy show with VitaMix and the Seinfeld episode of Muffin Tops they begin to sell then have to find dump sites for the muffin bottoms!:laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish the stores had more varieties. They're expensive to order from their website. :grumble:
  • mlove1307
    mlove1307 Posts: 151
    Options

They're preservative free and don't have a mile-long ingredient list. :]
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    AMEN to the fresh food lovers!

I suggest reading "Food Rules" by Michael Pollan. Very short booklet, and not so much "rules" as guides and information about the crap that the food industry shoves in your face.

Get back to nature, stop the addative insanity, and buy food that isn't drenched in petroleum. (fertilizer, insecticides, or transport)

P.S. If my 8 year old can't read all the ingredients on a package (without any help) we will no longer buy that product. (one of the "rules") Funny things is, we used to buy products with ingredients WE couldn't read (an engineer and a geologist). What the heck are they feeding us???
  • nurseandi
    nurseandi Posts: 80
    Options
    vitatops are yummy! low cal, low fat, high fiber, all natural treat :) try putting some peanut butter on top of the muffin tops and pop it in the micro for a few seconds, sooo good! esp. with the chocolate muffin
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I can't find them!! and I would hate to pay shipping...
  • ilovecoffee
    ilovecoffee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fresh food is best!!! I often stop at a grocery store somewhere along the way during my weekly long run. I always get something from the produce department, rather than a power bar or power gel. Today, an apple. As for food to take along on bike rides, runs, hikes, etc., nothing beats dates. Pack a handful in a plastic baggie, put it in you pocket and go. They are absolutely wonderful and provide a quick boost of energy.
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I can't find them!! and I would hate to pay shipping...

Well if you don't want to pay shipping, Amazon is an option. But you will have to spend $25 to get it for free. Sometimes stores put them in weird places...like in Kroger they have them in the frozen organic/gluten free, etc section. But in my Publix they have them by the normal waffles? And when I asked the guy that works in Publix where they were he said they didn't carry them anymore, but then I came across them by mistake next to waffles. And they can be hard to find b/c around here they sell out so quickly that the shelf is sometimes bare & that would make it harder to know where they usually are stocked. I went ahead and put the pnut butter on top of a chocolate one yesterday for the 1st time...YUM, YUM, YUM
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Hm, I keep seeing this thread, I might have to check out my local store that would carry something like this, at least to take a look at the pkg. and take a read. :) The PB on the chocolate sounds yum and adds some good protein to the mix.

I'll let you know if I try them, still loving my natural fruits etc., but a small treat now and then that's healthy works if I've got a craving. Planning something like this rather than never eating any treats can keep us sane and out of the binge range!:drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    ha!:tongue: Now that we've chatted about these I am seeing advertising pictures of them as part of the MFP ads, now I know what they look like! They actually DO look like muffin tops:laugh: