Anybody know where I can buy Larabars?

Options
I have heard wonderful things about Larabars, and I know I can buy them online. I don't recall having seen them in person in any of the stores where I shop, but I'd really prefer to buy them in person before committing to a case of them online (and paying a shipping charge). Does anybody know where they're available?

Replies

• kait17b
    kait17b Posts: 8
    Options
    My friend gets hers at Whole Foods. Unfortunately, we don't have any place around where I live to get them.
  • hmiott
    hmiott Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I found them at my Wal-Mart super center. I bought one of each of the three they carried and so far have only tried the almond cookie one. It was pretty good and didn't leave any nasty aftertaste.

Hope this helps you :-)
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The local grocery store here has them and it is one of the few places I can find them (besides another grocery store & health food store in the next town).
    I was hoping Walmart would at least carry them :grumble:
    Let me know if you'd like me to ship you a Wisconsin Larabar sampler *tee-hee*
    Seriously though, I'd be more than happy to send you a few kinds if you are interested and can't find them anywhere nearby.
    :flowerforyou: T
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I've seen them mostly in Coop Food stores and a couple regular grocery stores. On their website does it allow you to click to see where they are sold in your area?

Or perhaps one of your regular stores might take requests for products and begin carrying them for you? Just a thought:flowerforyou:
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I found them at my Wal-Mart super center. I bought one of each of the three they carried and so far have only tried the almond cookie one. It was pretty good and didn't leave any nasty aftertaste.

Hope this helps you :-)

Jealous!
    "My" Walmart doesn't carry them :ohwell:
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    trader joes
  • krickman
    krickman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just saw them at Safeway this evening.
  • taylorfriedchicken
    taylorfriedchicken Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them but whenever I go into the "-bars" aisle of whole foods to get my luna bars, I see them.
  • Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    You can order them off of Amazon too.
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    Costco. Larabars are a favorite of mine.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Are they a meal replacement?
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I see them everywhere & I'm in South Carolina... Walmart, Kroger, Bi-Lo, Food Lion. Seriously, everywhere.

That being said, I don't think they're the best choice (calorie:nutrition-wise) for a snack bar. I may change my mind in the future, but right now I personally prefer Luna. More protein, more fiber, more vitamins & minerals, fewer calories (though very close if I correctly recall). They're just as much "real food" as larabars. :indifferent:
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I love luna bars, they're yummy!

I haven't tried larabars but I've seen them at my local Dillion's - a Kroger store. Possibly also at my wal mart, not sure!~
  • jrobertson37
    jrobertson37 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just bought some today. I live in georgia so Kroger sells them. Im sure you can get them at walmart. Those things are good. Between those and Luna Bars. Larabar's have no sodium and thats the main thing i like about them. I read a post on here earlier that they are good pre/post workout snacks and not meal replacements.
  • angrumore22
    Options
    You can definitely find them at trader joe's or whole foods but i have been able to find them at some local grocery stores also (not necessarily the best selection though). They aren't really a meal replacement bar but like a luna bar you can make a meal w/ them by adding them to something else. The reason that larabars are different and in some respects better than luna bars is that they are almost and in some cases 100% raw. So if you're only eating raw they're awesome because it feels like you're eating something cooked! With that being said I no longer eat raw and have found that i like luna bars a little better.
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You should definitely sample one before you buy a bunch!

I found a large selection of them at Jewel-Osco and bought 3 different flavors. I have only tried the Cashew Cookie flavor so far and thought it tasted nothing like cashews... the only thing I could taste in it was dates. I'm not a big fan of dates so was really disappointed. It is also a lot of calories/carbs/fat for a small bar in my opinion.

But as you can see by this thread, a lot of people love them too!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Kroger has them around here!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get them in Canada??? Preferably in Toronto???
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your responses! I live in PA, and we don't have a Kroger, Trader Joes, or a Whole Foods. I do check the "bar" sections, but have not checked at Walmart, as it's not close by. But I will definitely check there!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oh, and thank you one mission for your offer! If I have no luck I may take you up on that!