Question about the diet soda cake :)

Options
AmberMommyTo2G1B
AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
I made the diet soda cake this evening (it was wonderful by the way)!!! Anyhow, I used the pillsbury moist supreme yellow cake, 2 egg whites, diet twist up, and great value cherry jello (basically I made it into a jello cake). Anyhow, I did the math on paper and came up with about 179 calories because I cut it into 18 pieces because the 12 pieces were way to many calories. Anyhow, I wanted to add that here but I can't figure out how. And I also tried to calculate it on recipe calculator but I came up with 16.1 calories. Why is there such a large difference? Maybe I entered in something wrong.

****edit, edit, edit****

I think I figured out where I went wrong with the recipe calculator :) I just need to know how to add the cake here. Thank you so much!

Replies

• KariandCo
    KariandCo Posts: 29
    Options
    I added mine under my name, put the serving size as 1 slice, total servings 12, then entered just the calories and left the rest blank.

I love diet soda cake. With cool whip, it's one of my favorite things. Yellow cake with diet orange soda is fantastic!

We use the reduced sugar brand from Pillsbury with 2 egg whites. If memory serves right, a 9x12 cake pan cut into 9 pieces are about 200 or 250 cals a piece, for HUGE pieces!
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    Options
    Thank you :) I just made mine and put the jello in. I was sooo excited to try it that I tried it before the jello had "jellofied" lol. It was soooo good lol.
  • mfarley
    mfarley Posts: 1
    Options
    Can I get the recipe?
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    bump................
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    Options
    Sure you can get the recipe :) I took it off of another thread.

1 (18 ounce) dry cake mix
    10 ounces diet soda (light for light cakes dark for dark cakes)
    2 egg whites (slightly beaten)

1. Mix the dry cake mix, diet soda, and egg whites until well blended.
    2. Pour into greased baking pan.
    3. Cook according to directions on the cake box
    4. Slice into 12 pieces

Now I made mine into a jello cake because I didn't buy and cool whip. They said that cool whip is really good on these cakes.

I didn't use any frosting or anything and it is so moist it is yummy. :)

The suggested combos are as follows:
    yellow cake mix/ diet lemon lime (this is the one I made)
    orange cake/ diet mt dew
    cherry chip cake/diet cream soda
    spice cake/ diet lemon lime
    white cake/diet ginger ale
    chocolate cake/ diet cherry
    diet cola/ devils food or chocolate
    diet cherry coke/ chocolate cake
    marble/ diet cream soda
  • bellybutt
    bellybutt Posts: 19
    Options
    You can also try using a can of pumpkin to a box of cake mix. No eggs needed. Its so yummy, i love doing cupcake with it.:smile:
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    You can also try using a can of pumpkin to a box of cake mix. No eggs needed. Its so yummy, i love doing cupcake with it.:smile:

What size can of pumpkin? The huge ones they sell at Thanksgiving time? Or the regular soup can size? Pumpkin in a spice cake mix sounds really, really good right now.
  • staceyasselin
    Options
    The smaller can, I think its 14 or 16 ounces, is the size to use. I mixed it with a reduced sugar spice cake mix and it is fantastic! My whole fat/sugar loving 17 year old niece even loved it. ...sure wish I had some now. Enjoy!
  • staceyasselin
    Options
    The smaller can, I think its 14 or 16 ounces, is the size to use. I mixed it with a reduced sugar spice cake mix and it is fantastic! My whole fat/sugar loving 17 year old niece even loved it. ...sure wish I had some now. Enjoy!
  • jenniscottsmith
    Options
    bump
  • michellejayne
    Options
    bump
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    bump
  • themethod
    Options
    So on the way home from my 4 miles this morning, I'm stopping at the grocery store across the street... there WILL be pumpkin spice cake in my stomach this afternoon. :)
  • themethod
    Options
    I was really disappointed, my big metropolitan grocery store had neither reduced sugar cake mix nor canned pumpkin. I will have to expand my horizons...
  • themethod
    Options
    Instead of the pumpkin/spice cake, I did Devil's Food (the lowest calorie I could find was 160 cals for 1/12 of a cake) with an entire can of diet coke and left out the egg whites. (We used to make a similar cake with Devil's Food cake mix and a full can of regular Cherry Coke - no egg white - and then frosting made from cocoa, butter, powdered sugar, and cherry coke.) It cooked a little faster than the directions on the box. The best part was the topping!

I got a recipe from another site to mix 1 1/2 cups of nonfat vanilla yogurt with a small box of Jell-O sugar-free, fat-free cheesecake flavored pudding mix. Whipped those together, and let it set in the fridge while the cake cooled before I frosted. Very yummy! Seems like it would be good with just a little almond extract, too. I did 18 servings from one cake, each around 120 calories.

If you make it, I already input the calorie, etc. info in the database under my screen name.

Ingredients I used:

1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist Devil's Food Cake Mix
    1 can Diet Coke
    1.5 c Dannon Light & Fit Nonfat Vanilla Yogurt
    1 small box Jell-O sugar-free, fat-free cheesecake pudding mix
  • bellybutt
    bellybutt Posts: 19
    Options
    Have you guys tried the No Pudge Fudge brownies from Trader Joes? so good! there is no fat and only 120 cals for 1 piece of 12. you only use plain yogart. its very yummy and it dose not taste like there is not fat.
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    can I add Eggbeaters INSTEAD of the egg whites?? has anyone tried this ..i was thinking to give it a bit more UMPH and not get a flat cake??
  • KarenECunningham
    KarenECunningham Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mskimberlee
    mskimberlee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, has anyone used egg beaters? Thanks in advance...
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    tag for later!