Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High protein food?

Hi everyone

On my pie chart of food group intakes protein is always the lowest and carbs are the highest. Does anyone have any good ways I can increase my protein intake and lower the carbs? I've got 35lbs to lose in 15 weeks xx

Replies

• Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Google......high protein, low fat foods.
  • Or search on this forum. there are 5-10 threads per week on the topic
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    manually change your macros...MFP's defaults are pretty carb heavy. I do 40c/30p/30hf....I had a hard time with that at first so initially I did a 50/25/25 and worked towards the 40/30/30.

Meat, poultry, fish, greek yogurt, whey protein, etc.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Eat lean protein with every meal or snack. Chicken, turkey, fish, lean cuts of beef, eggs, cheese, greek yogurt.

Contrary to Gramps, don't be afraid of good fats (monosaturated and polysaturated), your body needs them!
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Thanks for the help everyone :D
  • abebow
    abebow Posts: 4 Member
    Buy some powdered whey protein. Make a shake - they are very filling and will really increase your protein intake. There are lots of great flavors - I recommend Dymatize Cookies & Cream, but my wife really loves the UltraMetRX Lite Chocolate meal replacement (which is low in calories and loaded with vitamins)... I also like the Dymatize Cappuccino which tastes great and has caffeine.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Chicken, fish, red meat, tuna, eggs, peanut butter, nuts, beans, greek yogurt.....all excellent sources of protein.

Pasta, rice, bread, cereal, potatoes....all carbs to limit your intake of. (surprisingly, carrots & corn have alot of carbs too!)

Make sure you also eat enough green veggies so you get all the proper vitamins.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    eat more meat
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    More meat, supplement with whey protein if you have to.

Less starchy vegetables and whole grains if you're trying to reduce carbs.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    lentils are fantastic and low fat. they cook really fast and are cheaply bought in bulk. quinoa is good too.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Chicken breast, egg whites and whey. Easy
  • I would recommend taking a protein shake. I have one, with my 5-a-day worth of fruit and then class that as a meal.
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Milk! Even skim milk. I'm always surprised when it jacks my protein all to hell. =)
  • KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    You've all been a great help thankyou!
    I was thinking about protein shakes however I thought they
    Made you put on weight? Lol
    Cutting out more carbs will be so tough as that's my weakness, love carbs! Haha x