Some advice for hitting calorie goals

Options
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been substantially missing my calorie goals (not intentionally) I definitely know I need to be taking in more. I have added a multigrain carb to my breakfasts and added herbalife shakes for snacks. My problem is I feel STUFFED, but I don't want to rob my body of what it needs to support my workouts and just general wellbeing. I also don't want to stuff a big mac in my face for calories (well, who am I kidding- big macs are yummy in that processed, greasy, will make you sick 30 seconds later kinda way).

I was just wondering if there is anything anyone else uses that doesn't make you feel full meal bloated between "meals". I am adding peanut butter to the shakes, but they are even a challenge for me to drink a full serving. I had one gentleman send me a great article in another thread- so I just thought I would cast a wider net into the community and see what's out there.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    eat more fat
  • lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Pick more calorie dense foods, such as natural peanut butter, flaxseeds, almonds, cook with EVOO or coconut oil, ect.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Just have a spoonful of peanut butter - 200cals, not much food!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Add flax to your shakes as well, you won't notice that extra tbsp of ground flax.

Also you can can small tabs of dark chocolate (if you like chocolate) as in-between snacks, it adds calories and does have some minor health benefits.

A seriously satisfying, sweet and salty treat that I can recommend to really up those cals and fat is a large size marshmallow dipped in either caramel or chocolate and rolled in a chopped nut/ granola mixture. That baby packs a punch.
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    PB, nuts, avocado full fat greek yogurt, flax seeds, hemp hearts (good for fat and protein!), cook with coconut oil or add some to a smoothie!
  • 1newcat
    1newcat Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks All!