Dreamfield pasta 5 carbs??

Options
Anybody know anything about Dreamfield pasta that claims it only has 5 grams of digestible carbs??

Replies

• nashsheri33
    nashsheri33 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    it tasted delicious, but idk about the digestible carbs. ask a dietician? i have an appointment next week, i'll ask.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    It's bogus from what I hear (I have no scientific information to back up my statement).

I do have a few boxes in the house and it's quite a tasty pasta (I can definitely back up this statement because it's a known fact that most pasta is tasty).
  • timpicks
    timpicks Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My doctor recommends it, and I liked the taste and ate it for a while, but stopped because I don't like the idea of eating food that is processed in a way so that it is not digestable. But I think their carb claim is legit if cooked properly.
  • supergirljen
    Options
    My doctor recommends it, and I liked the taste and ate it for a while, but stopped because I don't like the idea of eating food that is processed in a way so that it is not digestable. But I think their carb claim is legit if cooked properly.

Im fine with food that is not digestable! I am addicted to carbs and need to find something.
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's not low-carb. There are lots of different results on Google about this and it seems to generate huge blood sugar spikes for several hours after eating this stuff. The 5g of digestible carbs is absolutely incorrect.

I'd suggest shirataki noodles if you want actual low-carb noodles (if you can stomach the texture).
  • supergirljen
    Options
    It's not low-carb. There are lots of different results on Google about this and it seems to generate huge blood sugar spikes for several hours after eating this stuff. The 5g of digestible carbs is absolutely incorrect.

I'd suggest shirataki noodles if you want actual low-carb noodles (if you can stomach the texture).

Ugh I can't !! SO gross! But thanks. :)
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ugh I can't !! SO gross! But thanks. :)
    Same here, I tried for a while but they're just too rubbery. I just use veggies like spaghetti squash or zucchini now as noodle substitutes. Also, fresh deli meat like ham or turkey works well in a pinch as a lasagna noodle replacement... but yeah, can't really find anything exactly like noodles. Ah, well! ;)