What is a good clense and is it worth it?

Options
There are so many different clenses and I am thinking about doing one, but I dont want to pay for a clense through companies like Advocare and so forth. Something I can do with just good, clean food in my fridge. So many people at work are on a clense, but they end up pigging out or "cheating" on the clense while some start eating crap again after (which what is the point?).

Is a clense even worth time and effort or just healthy eating all the way around?

Replies

• MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I did one once under the guide of a naturopath and nutritionist. It was pretty restricted with a particular goal, and I felt really good at the end of it.

It excluded all of the following: alcohol, artificial sweetener, sugar, wheat, yeast, anything fermented, any kind of meat (fish was allowed), dairy, vinegars, citrus, strawberries, peanuts, corn, soy. I'm sure there are a few other things I can't remember. And it did resolve the issue, but it isn't a diet I can maintain for more than a few weeks.

Having a healthcare practitioner go over it with me really helped keep me honest, and i stuck to it religiously. I don't think there is much point in a half assed attempt at something like this.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the information
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options

This is a great link and very helpful as well, thank you. :happy: