Looking for friends to do it together :)

Options
Hi everyone,

A brief introduction about myself........
I have been struggling all my life with weight-loss. And over the year I came to mu highest weight ever. It lead to diabetes just recently and now I am getting these scars on my skin which is from the diabetes. The worse part of it is that I can do good for a few weeks to a few months, then I fall of the boat again which makes me gain all the weight (5-10lbs) that I have lost. Every year I say this year I will make it. For a few months I Can go strong and steady then I fail. Is anyone in the same boat. I mean I never seen my goal weight and for so many years I didn't lose more than 6 pounds. Even I lost 20-30 lbs I can say wow I have hope to make it but never seen that kind of loss. To make situation worse, all my life I have been criticized and told that "YOU are FAT and undesireble" from believe it or not my own mother. I thought this anger and pain would make me lose faster but it made matters worse, stressful and I kept gaining more weight.

Anyone in my situation, please come and reply...I really need your support and motivation. Maybe we can somehow do it together. Especially if you guys are local.

Replies

• Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Dont know if im local...im Aussie, but im in my 3rd week of this and be more than happy to cheer you on.

Feel free to add me. :drinker:
  • Mizz_Need_Help_lol
    Options
    Hmm thank you Mr Aussie, Nah Im quite far, actually Aussie is far from everywhere :)
    Let me know about yourself and struggles and success, defintely need some motivation
  • jessa271
    Options
    Hi! I've been using myfitnesspal since the beginning of december, but i don't know anyone on here. I've been struggling with my weight all my life, mostly gaining, rarely losing. I'm in my late 30s now and it's getting to be a problem health-wise. Diabetes runs in my family, so I want to avoid it if I can. I'm trying to stay motivated and sometimes it's sooooooo hard. I'm happy to see if we can encourage each other!
  • AskingTooMuch
    AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I doubt I'm 'local', but I'm doing my best to stay on track with MFP and I'm always looking for more friends to help out/be helped! We can all stick together!