Low Carb vs Low Fat

Options
2»

Replies

• dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I get 100% of my carbs most days from fruits and vegetables and have noticed a serious boost in my energy levels, and overall health. Low carb and avoiding refined and processed sugars/starches is kind of a no brainer in terms of health benefits, because you will make up for their absence with more vegetables and fruit. Just be sure to still stay within your calorie goals.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    So, I've read a couple of things arguing which diet method is the best. Obviously, cutting back on both is good, but does anyone know if one is more effective than the other?

I've been trying to prioritize low carb more than low fat, and I think it's working pretty well.

What do you guys think?

Wrong approach. Get SUFFICIENT protein, SUFFICIENT fat, then fill in the rest however you like, including all carbs.

Correct! Low fat is unhealthy. Low carb shows no proven Metabolic Advantage. The approach above is simple, healthy and doesn't involve low anything.

Both of these.

Fat does not make you fat.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    So, I've read a couple of things arguing which diet method is the best. Obviously, cutting back on both is good, but does anyone know if one is more effective than the other?

I've been trying to prioritize low carb more than low fat, and I think it's working pretty well.

What do you guys think?

Wrong approach. Get SUFFICIENT protein, SUFFICIENT fat, then fill in the rest however you like, including all carbs.

^I like this approach.

I make sure I get the protein and fats I need and then there are plenty of calories left over for carbs.

And I would also like to say that carbs are a great source of energy - especially if you do cardio. I could not run regularly and do low carb.