New Scale Question

Options
I'm not sure if this belongs in this section or not but here is my question.
I purchased a new scale today as my old one was, well old lol. It was a crappy old digital one that gave you a different weight depending on where you stood on it. My new scale is giving a totally different reading then my old one, which is fine by me because it's quite a bit lower lol. The problem is do I just carry on recording my new weight from the new scale or do I star over with a new correct starting weight? The difference between the two scales is 4.7lbs.
Thanks for your time :smile:
Paul

Replies

• GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I would record the new weight and add a note about the new scale and carry on!!!
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I agree with greyedrose, I usually weigh in on my wii and its 10 lb heavier than my bathroom scale, which is old, so Im getting a new one tomorrow, it takes too long to weigh on the wii lol
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Take credit for the weight loss unless you are cheating on some competition. It isn't important. How does anyone really know what is absolutely accurate anyway?
  • katie101686
    Options
    My scale is fairly old as well, but it functions. Does anyone know how to calibrate an old scale? If so, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
  • Akdn
    Akdn Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to go with the new weight and make a note about the new scale. Thank you for the input everyone, much appreciated :smile: :smile:

Paul
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I would record the new weight and add a note about the new scale and carry on!!!

Yep this.