A pretty generic introduction

Options
Hello everyone,

I'll be using this website specifically to track my calorie intake with the express purpose of gaining mass.

I'm a male, 21 years old, currently weighing in at 166 lbs. and am looking to bring that up to at least 180 lbs. I have 15% body fat and plan to bring that down to 8-10%, but it's important to focus on one goal at a time.

After high school I pretty much stopped exercising altogether and used college and work as an excuse.
But after several years of that BS I've finally come to realize that there should be no excuses when it comes to your own health.

To start things off slow, I began with Beachbody's Power 90 program. It's a pretty outdated program by now but it's recommended for those who need to get back into shape before some of the harder stuff.

I'm on Day-66 of 90 with that program so far, haven't missed a day, but I am seeing some great results. My body is already much more toned than it was back in high school and overall I feel like I'm 100%.
I also take hour-long kickboxing classes twice a week at my college; It's a nice change of pace and keeps me active.

After the full 90 days, I plan to move directly onto the Insanity program. If you have experience with it, let me know what you think!
And if you have experience with the P90X also let me know what you think of it! I'll ultimately do both, but am a bit undecided on which I'd like to go with first.

That's it for now,

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• johnabc2
    Options
    i did both, i completed P96X first. It is mainly good combination for aerobic exercise and more free weight exercise and it will work for you better if you want to have more muscle mass. I am doing INSANITY now, and it is mainly a vigorous aerobic exercise. It is very good to loose weight.
  • epicshapeshift
    Options
    Thanks John!

Congratulations on completing both programs!

I'm not really looking to lose any weight but am considering Insanity first so that I can burn fat and gain endurance.

Then when I'm working with P90X, I'll really be able to optimize my performance and get some serious mass in the process.