Confirmation or correction needed, please

Options
I started with MFP just over a week ago and have been reading tons of info, primarily in this community group. I have done all the suggested calculations, and have been thrilled with the amount I have learned so far. Thanks to everyone for sharing such valuable info.

Here's where the confirmation or correction of my thinking is needed: I have decided to set my daily calorie goals by assuming I am at my goal weight with minor daily adjustments depending on the level of my daily activity.

I am currently 168 lbs, 50 yrs old, female, 63in, lbm calculation is 101 lbs, lightly active with bursts of moderate. ;). My goal weight is 140.

If I just begin eating and moving as though I am already at my goal weight with a MBR of 1362 and daily intakes as follows: sedentary-1590, lightly active-1822, moderately active-2054, etc... Won't that work? I assume it will be slow going (I figure about .5 lbs/week or less) but that is just fine with me if I can once and for all get comfortable with my "normal" intake and activity levels without lots of fuss and muss.

Sooooo, what, if anything, am I missing in my thinking?

Thanks in advance. :)

Replies