Fruit & Veggie 1-Day Challenge – Saturday Jan 19, 2013

Options
Delicious foods are in your future!! This challenge is meant for those who would like to increase their fruit and veggie consumption and create an awareness of their nutritional values.

:flowerforyou: Also...does your weight loss need a kick in the you-know-what? Mine does too!! Would you like to learn to enjoy fresh fruits and veggies? I do!! Can you use some support and good ideas? Me too!! We know that "fruits and vegetables" are good for us. But what are you doing about it?

Here is how the challenge works:
-EAT vegetables and/or fruit at every meal and snack time for the day.
-SUBSTITUTE any (or all) of the starch / meat / dairy food portion in a meal with Fresh Vegetables (where possible)
-Have only (fresh) fruits or vegetables for snacks
-Drink 8oz of water and no alcohol :drinker:

-Use common sense - Retrain your Senses !! (If you can't do a whole day, do one meal)

YOU decide to be in! YOU benefit!
1. Post if you are in and what you are going to do for the day
2. Report back how you did at the end of the day or – also good - the next morning!

Good luck everyone!
:heart: Rebel Renny
From Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

p.s. For some this approach creates a cleanse...:ohwell: especially if you have not been used to a high fiber intake.

Replies

• chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This is very cool. I like the idea. I will do it...I'm in!
    I will be working 530am to 10pm...so I will be eating 5 small meals of fruits and veggies mixed, and some
    all fruit smoothies too.
  • Calahanras
    Options
    bump
  • juewil
    juewil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i am in i will do the whole day.
  • weloveddisney
    Options
    I am in. I will be eating fruits and veggies at all meals tomorrow. Hopefully this will help me with my sugar demon. Today was a bad day but tomorrow is another day.
  • bargie12
    Options
    im in --i quitting smoking yesterday so need a challage to help me threw this--today was a big setback--ate everthing in sight-but only had 2 cigarettes--fruits and veggies here i come tommorrow
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I will join. I DEFINATELY need to increase my fruits & veggies because I am not much of a fruit & veggie person. I will try to eat a fruit or veggie at each meal & snack. Good luck everyone.
  • pocodonn
    Options
    Good idea, RR, I'm in!
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    I'm in. Will eat fruit and veggies all day at every meal.
  • jaybabyreading50
    jaybabyreading50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in. I will join. Great way to drop a few pounds over the weekend.
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll be working, so I'll have salads and fruits. Lots of water too!
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the third week, have stocked up on F&V and am ready to munch away on the good stuff. Will check in tomorrow or Sunday.
    Lila
  • mouth5667
    Options
    I'm in again. I have discovered that the more fruits and vegetables that I include, the better I feel. Too bad it has taken me almost 53 years to discover this! I have also learned that I like vegetable and hummus wraps!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,366 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Can use some ideas for veggies that I can have that are quick. Get somewhat tired of the same old, same old.

Made these spinach cheese cakes. That's a vege and something that I can (and do) have for breakfast.

hmmmm.....which veges are high in protein, too? Anyone know?

Michele
  • 1curveem0m
    1curveem0m Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in, definitely need to up the veggies.
  • JoeBags13
    Options
    I am in -- always up for a good challenge. Working 7p - 7a in ER. This will be a great way to work in eating small meals every few hours
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Should be fun. Oh, and i have fresh strawberries in the fridge!
  • JasMikkol89
    JasMikkol89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Im in. After eating bbq today i need somthing like this to get my *kitten* back on track (:
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just a clarifying question - does this mean you only eat fruits & veggies all day or that you are just eating them with every meal and inserting them in place of meat/starch/dairy where you can? I can't do this today but am going to try it tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Just a clarifying question - does this mean you only eat fruits & veggies all day or that you are just eating them with every meal and inserting them in place of meat/starch/dairy where you can? I can't do this today but am going to try it tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

Your choice! It is all about becoming much more aware of the benefits derived from increasing one's fruit and veggie intake, since most of us don't do that enough and just add them a little here and there.

Good luck tomorrow!

Renny
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    As a vegetarian of 32 years I have to say I giggled! But I know that fruit and veg are difficult for some people, so all the best to you in your challenge!:laugh: