30 day shred... oh boy

Options

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I want to start this again.
    Just need to hook up my wii so i can get internet and do it then.
    When I first started I had to do it on the laptop was harder to do.
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What size weights is everyone using?

5lb, they are all I have (and I have 2 sets for some reason) I find the side lunges with arm raises hell with these though :sad:

Use only one dumbbell and hold it with one hand on each end...that's what I had to do to get through them.:grumble:
  • lordvoldemort1
    lordvoldemort1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sooo, do you do 30 days of each level, or 10 days each with the final result being 30 days worth?
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    did it!!! feeling better today so im back at day 1. this was not as hard as my first day 1, even with taking a day off. go shredders!!! ^_^
  • XkatnipX
    Options
    Those of you who have seen really good results is 30 day shred al you did?
    I just finished day one level one & im not really sore. I guess im used to doing hour long workouts that 20 minutes doesn't feel like enough to give me the awesome results I have been seeing everyone else post
  • deekay8507
    deekay8507 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started today. Probably not the best idea to do it after 1.5 hours at the gym. My legs are like collapsing lol
  • justiceconway
    Options
    Does anyone know approximately how many calories you burn doing the shred level 1
  • road2goal
    road2goal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started level 1 this morning. Anxious to see how sore I am when I wake up tomorrow. The push-ups were the hardest or me but I think more due to worry of injury as my shoulder & neck are quite prone to it but i had no pain through it and actually felt looser in that part of my body afterwards. Looking forward to tomorrow. I'm planning to do it every day.
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 lvl 1. Feel ok except arms....omg they are jello!!! When are we supposed to switch to level 2? Not that I'm looking forward to it!!
  • Extremelypunctual
    Options
    cjlorigan: Most people do level 1 for ten days before moving on to level 2 for another ten days, then 3 for the last ten.... But I heard that Jillian designed the workout to be two days of 30-day shred, then one day cardio, then two days shred, then rest day, then repeat.

I'm doing 30 day shred daily until my body tells me to take a rest day. I also do cardio. I keep it up in the air, personally So far I've only needed to take 2 days off in the last 11.:)

I started Level 2 today. Holy cow!! It kicked me in the butt-butt! It was CRAZY fun so I'm gonna love this a lot more than level 1, but I am whipped!!! :D
  • jbug5j
    Options
    day 2 complete!!! man im shakey today lol
  • corgi
    corgi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day at Level 2. I have done this for 11 straight days. Level 1 really started to hurt my knees so I was happy to get to the next level.

Level 2 is definitely more difficult, but I survived. Lots of moves in the plank position so I am sure my shoulders will hurt tomorrow. This level seems easier on the knees.

Haven't lost any weight ( maybe a pound or two) but the change in my body after only 11 days is noticeable. I am fitting into pants that I couldn't wear two weeks ago. My 10's were starting to get tight. I tried on jeans at two different stores on Saturday and was able to fit into size 6 jeans. Now, I am sure that they were vanity sized, but still....made me feel great and gave me even more motivation to see this through to the end!

Those of you just starting it...stay with it. It definitely works!!!
  • lopezforever
    lopezforever Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im on level 1 day 7. I love it! I feel a bit stronger Im stopping less for the 5 sec your allowed to.. day 1- 3 were haaarrrd! I felt like mush all over but I kept sticking with it. If you need any support feel free to add me :)
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I did it and I have to say I wasn't enjoying it until day 3!
    I loved Level 2 more than 1 though! :D
  • Karenannmo
    Options
    Congrats on your engagement! I bought Extreme Shed and Shred and did it twice so far and my thighs are on fire but it's a great workout! That Jillian kicks butt :laugh:
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS, today I finished day 9. It does get easier but then level 2 and 3 come around. I've heard that they are tough and focus more on abs, so be prepared. They provide great results though, I've already lost a few inches and I'm just finishing up with level 1.
  • jbug5j
    Options
    just have to say that everyone here is awesome! :D while i love my current mfp friends i actually feel apart of something with this thread. im glad i posted! keep up the amazing job everyone!!! ^_^
  • GypsyNrs4Evr
    GypsyNrs4Evr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 1 lvl 1. Feel ok except arms....omg they are jello!!! When are we supposed to switch to level 2? Not that I'm looking forward to it!!

It's 10 days of each level!
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Does anyone know approximately how many calories you burn doing the shred level 1

I found a calculation that was your weight x 1.12= cals burned... I've estimated around 220 cal I think?
    I'll be purchasing a heart rate monitor watch that has calorie tracking tonight, I'll be back tomorrow of the next day to update that if need be.

I'm on day 2 of the shred. Pretty sore but I found eating high potassium fruits like 5-6 dried apricots ( or a banana, I'm not a fan of bananas) helps with muscle soreness. Also, a Brisk walk on the treadmill today for about 15 minutes seemed to help me get through day 2 completely and easier!! maybe it was the extra "warm up" that helped?

Please feel free to add me so we can motivate each other :D
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    just have to say that everyone here is awesome! :D while i love my current mfp friends i actually feel apart of something with this thread. im glad i posted! keep up the amazing job everyone!!! ^_^

Thanks for posting :)