can't lose weight even under 1500 calories a day

Okay,
I'm about to try and figure out if I need a TSH level blood test (thyroid).
I went from 116lbs to 136 over 90 days time since starting to work out again and eat more foods (my caloric intake was very low this summer, at a retreat center with only yoga as a work-out). However, I'm back in my normal swing of an exercise routine of at leat 45-60 minutes cardio daily, and a mix from weights, resistance, aerobics, kickboxing, -- also, never the same thing two days in a row.
I have always been able to stay thin and have a small body, plus a lot of muscle. For some reason I'm now not dropping weight as I always have and started decreasibg calories to 1400-1500 a day; increasing my cardio and lowering my resistance. I walk everywhere instead of drive and usually am at the standard "perfect weight loss range".

Not only am I not shedding weight it is staying on as fat over muscle in the same areas.

Any one had this happen or any idea why: I studied dietetics for 2 years and am a pre-med major and am just baffled at this point. I feel like I am missing something.

My cortisol may be higher due to stress but this is insane

Replies

• terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Check your protein to carbon ratio. As much as you work out you might not be getting enough protein. Also how old are you and how much more do you need to lose?
  • You may be eating to little of calories considering your doing free weights and cardio for 45 mins to an hour. If you are in a 500 deficit and burning 800 calories every day that puts you in a 1200 calorie defection every day and this will destroy your metabolism I highly recommend you go on you tube type in layne Norton metabolic damage and watch his videos on the subject I promise you you will learn a lot on the correct way to lose weight he also touches on bad coaches and who to stay away from.that is the problem with most people trying to lose weight to little calories and to much activity. Recipe for disaster may lose weight first diet you do then the weight will pile back on and u will have a very hard time getting it of. You can solve this problem he tells you how.