Hi, I'm Kim

Hi there, everybody, I'm Kim. I'm middle aged with a computer type job. (I sit on my fanny a lot) I've been doing really well with my 1200 calorie a day diet. Except every 5th or 6th day...I'm just so hungry! I only stray about 130 calories...not enough to make me stop or to really adversely effect my weight lose...but does anyone else have this happen?

Replies

• StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    I too sit at a desk job all day. Are those "hungry" days on specific days maybe like a weekend? I think emotional moods can also affect the body (just an observation, no science to back it up). Are you craving particular things on those days? 1200 calories is a low intake so maybe the body really needs a particular something and just can't wait any longer. Since you have good discipline I would say if your body is hungry then you are best off feeding it on those days...doesn't mean you have to raid a doughnut store however.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    I will add that yes, it does happen to me. It happens on the weekend but it is more a craving type hunger. Sometimes it's salt and sometimes it's sugar, you know of the doughnut variety. Thanks to MFP I've made some better choices in recent months.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    I don't know if this pertains to you, but I used to confuse thirst with hunger. When I began logging my fluid intake, I was surprised at how little I took in on too many days. I was basically dehydrated and didn't know it. Now I take in appropriate amounts of fluid and those symptoms stopped.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    I feel your pain. I sit at a desk a minimum of eight hours a day, six days a week. I often surpass the eight hours (This past weekend, for instance, I billed 30 hours in a day and a half period). I started drinking tea with non-fat creamers and artificial sweeteners. The warm drink combined with nice flavors has helped me curb my appetite. :)