HELP ME - I WANT TO QUIT

Options
2»

Replies

• Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Be proud of yourself for going to the gym and trying to get fit and healthy! Thats awesome.
    I've never looked at anyone with disgust for being in the gym. No matter age or weight...I think it is inspiring! But, I do understand how you feel. Im a pretty average sized girl. Not overweight at all and I even feel uncomfortable at the gym. I think I feel uncomfortable because It seems like a meat market sometimes.
    Anyway, you should keep doing what youre doing and be proud!
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    All you fit people out there what do you think when you see someone like me at the club?

I think "Fantastic! She's taking charge of herself. Great for her! I hope she sticks with it."
  • kathy140
    kathy140 Posts: 75
    Options
    I AM 220 POUNDS AND I GO TO THE GYM ALL THE TIME. I TOO THOUGHT THAT EVERYONE WAS GOING TO LOOK AT ME
    BUT EVERYONE IS JUST DOING THERE OWN THING. NEVER ONCE HAVE I HAD A COMMENT OR A LOOK FROM ANYONE.
    IN FACT I WAS SURPRISED HOW FRIENDLY EVERYONE WAS EVEN THE GUYS.. SO JUST GO IN AND HOLD YOUR HEAD
    UP HIGH AND DO YOUR EXERCISING.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't Quit. It's not the time. I am just under 300, about 286 now, and I brought a thread mill for my house, because I did not want anyone to see my exercising because of my weight. I got over it real quick. Not only do I walk on the thread mill, I go to the gym and get on that thread mill to. Your health is what's important, and I found out that people are just there to get in shape, and get healthy. So I just want to encourage you to keep moving, Don't look back, Don't Quit and Never give up. :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I thought you meant quit in general, but you mean quit the club? If you're not happy or comfortable and can't put in a good workout, then find a means of working out that you can do without distractions. I workout in my livingroom, because that's where I'm most comfortable.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm not fit now but I have been in the past, and believe me all I was ever thinking when I saw someone with a long way to go was, "good for them". Really. I'm not saying that to make you feel better, it's the pure truth. And it's not because I'm a particularly nice or non-judgemental person, believe me ;) The gym is a place to increase your fitness so as long as that's what you're doing there, you fit in just fine.

And sister...you have the RIGHT to be there, to use the equipment and breathe the air and take up the space. It's your world, too, no matter what you weigh. Keep going and soon it will feel more familiar and comfortable.