Exciting but weird!

Options
I am totally excited because I am just 3 lbs shy of my halfway mark and I am back to my weight in high school! Its weird though, at this weight in high school (I was working out then and playing sports though I wasn't very muscular) I was a size 13, but now I am just focusing on loosing weight - I don't exercise very often, and I am a size 11. How is that possible? Same weight, same height but 2 different sizes and its only been 5 years since then?

Replies

• janineswenson
    janineswenson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sad to say but a few years back the clothing industy changed their sizing criteria because our society is so much larger.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Yeah, "vanity sizing".
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    13, 11... who cares? You're doing an amazing job either way!
  • mariena
    mariena Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yep, vanity sizing. In high school I was a size 3/5 and now I'm the same size but I'm a 0/1. I'm very petite and actually at some stores I've been "out sized" to the point I can no longer even fit their smallest sizes. Congrats on the weight loss! This just proves that it's not about the size of your clothes, or really even the number on the scale (since your body shape and composition changes over time), but it's mostly about what you see in the mirror and how you see it!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm in the EXACT same boat as you. I wore 13s in high school and weighed less than I do now, and now I can wear 11s. But it's not all due to "vanity sizing." Although I played sports in school, I know I'm in better shape now than I was then. AND I had both 11s and 13s then to guage my losses (no way to add the "vanity sizes" in there since they're from the same general time and same brands). So maybe you're more muscular now too! But regardless, congratulations!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Yup. In high school I was an 8/10 and now I am about the same size but typically wear a 2 or 4, depending upon the cut.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!