Options
Good Morning, I'm new to MFP. So far I really like it so far. I am unemployed school (N-5) teacher. I have gained a lot of weight since being out of work. I lack the motivation to go to the gym, which I pay a small monthly fee. The only thing I'm motivated to do is attend church at 6:45 every Sunday morning and Tuesday Bible study.

I recently went to the doctor and she put me on blood pressure meds and recommended I go on a 1200 calorie diet. I find it difficult to stay on 1200 calories. I seen to always go over it. I am presently looking for 1200 calorie menu to follow.
Also, in the past I have fallen on my left knee twice and now I find it difficult to put much of my weight on it. This is another reason why I want to lose weight.

Replies

• Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    Welcome Sfields. :drinker:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sfields. You took the first step. This site can really help you if you work it. Staying at 1200 calories a day is hard. So if you get some excercise that will cover going over it a little. Start out slow. Make a few small changes. Read food labels. Look at this as a challenge. You can do this. Look around the site lots and lots of people have been successful. You really have to want this for yourself.
  • LJK0904
    LJK0904 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome. I have added you as a friend. Maybe we can be each others inspiration.