Butt exercises

Options
So I know that squats are good for your butt...but will they just keep making my butt round?? lol I know this is an odd question, but I'm looking to make my *kitten* smaller NOT rounder lol. I'm tired of having to buy bigger jeans because my *kitten* and thighs can't handle "regular" sized jeans. HELP!

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Theres a couple. Just look for Glute Exercises on youTube you'd come up with alot of results.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Sguats
    Deadlifts
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Hyper Extensions
    Glute bridges
    Hip thrusts

Yes, squats will make your butt round. The good, firm round, not to be mistaken with the jiggly wiggly round.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    if you want a smaller butt then just do any exercise and eat at a deficit. you can't spot reduce.
    all of the exercises that target your glutes actually lift your butt and make it more firm.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Doesn't POPpilates have some butt reducing exercises??
  • calisunrise
    Options
    Doesn't POPpilates have some butt reducing exercises??
    no, the POP pilates exercises for the butt actually lift the butt. i believe Cassey stated it in one of her videos. i think it was the beyonce booty something one.
  • Lake_Po
    Lake_Po Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Gotcha! Yeah, I knew she had a butt one but couldn't remember if it was a diminisher or otherwise. :)
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Ok thanks for all the help =]
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    So I know that squats are good for your butt...but will they just keep making my butt round?? lol I know this is an odd question, but I'm looking to make my *kitten* smaller NOT rounder lol. I'm tired of having to buy bigger jeans because my *kitten* and thighs can't handle "regular" sized jeans. HELP!

If you tend to store fat in your butt, I would watch the squats: you could end up looking bigger. Check out "Escape Your Shape" and "Visual Impact for Women."
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options

Thank you! Definitely gonna give this one a go...might fall off the bench, but it's worth a shot haha
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options

If you tend to store fat in your butt, I would watch the squats: you could end up looking bigger. Check out "Escape Your Shape" and "Visual Impact for Women."

Thanks. Yeah, that's why I was worried about the squats..I like that they work my legs, but worried about having a huge bubble butt (more than I do now) haha.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

Thanks. Yeah, that's why I was worried about the squats..I like that they work my legs, but worried about having a huge bubble butt (more than I do now) haha.

You're welcome. If you look at either "Escape Your Shape" or "Visual Impact for Women" they prescribe cardio and strength training appropriate for your shape and goals. Both advise against putting direct weight resistance on your glutes and hips if being pear shaped or bottom heavy is your concern. If you're meant to store fat in those areas and have deposits that would be considered large even when you're close to your goal weight they're not going to completely disappear through diet or exercise. Fat does not convert to muscle or vice versa.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Love love love brazil butt lift program.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

Yesterday I read a piece on nytimes.com about a trainer who gets models into shape for Fashion Week. They are usually concerned about their hips being too big to fit into the clothes. He does not prescribe squats or lunges because the result will be curvier hips. He does allow squats and lunges for underwear models because they're expected to be curvy.

The bottom line (so to speak) for a civilian woman who already has substantial curves and is not interested in getting bigger is to avoid squats and lunges. This is consistent with advice I've been reading for the 15 years.

Getting Models Into Fighting Shape

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/07/fashion/getting-models-into-fighting-shape.html?_r=0
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I like this topic. Bump.