Special Herbs , Peppers, Etc...use them? Why and How?

Options
I'm a hot pepper nut ....all kinds, like to load them in soup and pasta dishes...I use Cayenne-pepper for its many nutritional values (see link). What do other people use, and how do you work it into your meals?

http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/cayenne-pepper.html

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of garlic and ginger. I use both frequently on all different kinds of foods. I even put fresh ginger in my protein shakes. It's great with fruit or pumpkin, milk and vanilla protein powder.

I'll use garlic and ginger together as part of marinades for meat or to season veggies. Combine chopped garlic, chopped ginger, diced onion, soy sauce, honey, olive oil and white wine or seasoned rice vinegar for an exceptional marinade for any kind of meat, poultry or salmon. Mmmmmm!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I use garlic a great deal, and cinnamon is supposed to be great for a variety of ailments.
    If I sprain something, I take gelatin capsules, two per meal. I had a sprained ankle that hurt for months and a friend recommended gelatin. After two weeks, the pain was gone.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I pretty much use everything, I cook nearly every dinner. FInd it a lot easier to manage my calories and sodium that way. My favs are garlic, basil, marjoram, oregano, cayenne, pepper flakes, pepper, rosemary and cumin.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    You ought to keep some of that chilli sauce in little sachets in your fridge - it is great for increasing your metabolism and you can add it to the side of the plate like mustard.

Mustard (hot one not the sugary one with hot dogs) will increase your met too.

GO for hot sauces - they burn fat.