CRUMPETS!! Message for the Brits

May I humbly recommend Asda Smart Price Crumpets as a low calorie, satisfying filler-upper. They are only SIXTY FIVE calories each, and very satisfying when you're hungry and that rice cake just ain't gonna cut it. Much better than many snacks you could reach for when the hunger pangs strike, and lower than any of the other brands. Just thought I'd share! :wink:

Replies

• Fatsotubs
    Fatsotubs Posts: 93 Member
    Thanks for that, will definitely get some in :-)
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Good call!
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    fabulous!! thanks for the tip!

now if i can just find some really low cal butter to smother the buggers in ;)
  • Purple_Night
    Purple_Night Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you very much! Always try and avoid these when my mum brings them home so will ask her if she can get these ones instead.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member

Do y'all have laughing cow wedges over there? I only remember eating the little squares in Europe, but the wedges are creamy and spreadable.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    who can only eat one crumpet though?

And its the law to smother it in butter

:D
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    And one I just discovered - haywards pickled onions are about 20cals per drained 100g! Amazing snack!
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    even the Warburton ones aren't that bad at 100 cals , but thanks for the tip :)
  • x_pix_x
    x_pix_x Posts: 21

Do y'all have laughing cow wedges over there? I only remember eating the little squares in Europe, but the wedges are creamy and spreadable.

Yep! Love them! I use the extra light triangles on everything now instead of butter, 20 cals each and taste so creamy, I actually prefer it to butter now :)
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member

hahhaha very true :laugh:
  • lespez
    lespez Posts: 16 Member
    Yes I agree, they taste much better than the expensive brands too.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Got to say that using laughing cow cheese or light philidelphia instead of butter works a treat. Or peanut butter for a sweet hit.
  • karen4ever
    karen4ever Posts: 46 Member

This is how I use to eat them before meeting my ex, now I love them smoothered in butter and cheese on top too lol :-)

needless to say I haven't bought crumpets for quite a while :-)
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Got to say that using laughing cow cheese or light philidelphia instead of butter works a treat. Or peanut butter for a sweet hit.

Tesco or other own brand light soft cheese with garlic & herbs seem to be lower cal than Philadelphia. I usually use Hellmanns Lighter Than Light mayo on savoury sandwiches instead of butter or marg. It has 10 calories per tablespoon - and I find one teaspoon (1/3 of that) is enough. I don't know how it would go on crumpets though...
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    May I humbly recommend Asda Smart Price Crumpets as a low calorie, satisfying filler-upper. They are only SIXTY FIVE calories each, and very satisfying when you're hungry and that rice cake just ain't gonna cut it. Much better than many snacks you could reach for when the hunger pangs strike, and lower than any of the other brands. Just thought I'd share! :wink:

Thanks for the tip, will try some, maybe use Marmite on them or light Philly, and I have not yet located Chocolate Philly but guess that would be ultimate lowish calorie indulgence
  • farway

Tesco or other own brand light soft cheese with garlic & herbs seem to be lower cal than Philadelphia. I usually use Hellmanns Lighter Than Light mayo on savoury sandwiches instead of butter or marg. It has 10 calories per tablespoon - and I find one teaspoon (1/3 of that) is enough. I don't know how it would go on crumpets though...

Morrison's have the Hellmanns Lighter Than Light mayo on offer at the moment, could be time to stock up?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    As long as they're not at Tescos I'm in.
  • farway

You won't be galloping down there then? :wink:
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    D

I can now eat one but before would need two.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member

You won't be galloping down there then? :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151235461121045&set=vb.656976044&type=2&theater