Everyone seems taller???

Options
I know im not shrinking but my husband seems to be a good 3" taller then before. Does anyone else feel this way when losing weight? I feel like i'm going mad haha I just feel so much smaller compared to him and i've only lost 10Lbs.

Replies

• lildavid91
    Options
    It could be that his posture and core strength has improved making him stand straighter. Or he really did. How old is he?
  • lildavid91
    Options
    Lol i think i read the post wrong haha.. idk why you would get shorter from working out..
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No, I feel smaller since ive lost weight. Hes still the same. About 6' 2" and I'm only 5'4". I feel like since ive lost im shrinking in height but im the same... I know that working out wont make you shorter I was just wondering if anyone else feels this way
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    It's the perception of width and height.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i sometimes feel like that when standing with hubby, but couldn't fathom that i felt taller overall for the longest time! as the weight is coming off i am working back up to my 5'6" from before the weight packed on (5'5" now) yep, posture, muscle strength to hold myself up tall, gained 1 inch height already!
    enjoy the smaller for now, you'll feel a million miles high when you are stronger than you thought you could be!!!
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wait until you feel how lose your shoes become because even your feet get thinner!
  • RevNimue
    RevNimue Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Personally I feel taller just because I'm working my core muscles. I'm 6'0 yet I feel like I could be 6'1, again its just my personal perception on losing weight. Just keep with it and regardless if you feel shorter or not you're doing something amazing for your self :)
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Well, I actually did shrink when I lost weight. At one point in my life I weighed 273 pounds, and was 5'6". I dropped down to 134 and measured only 5'5". My doctor said something about all the fat stretching my spine a bit, making more cushion between the disks. They couldn't compress as much, like how you are taller lying down because of the loss of pressure. It sounds like a bunch of hoo-ha, but if I hadn't experienced it myself and seen it happen to someone else, I'd think it was bunk. But I had a friend who lost over 200 pounds with gastric bypass, and she shrunk a couple of inches in height too. Probably a good half inch of that was losing fat off the bottoms of her feet. They used to look like footballs...
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Well, I actually did shrink when I lost weight. At one point in my life I weighed 273 pounds, and was 5'6". I dropped down to 134 and measured only 5'5". My doctor said something about all the fat stretching my spine a bit, making more cushion between the disks. They couldn't compress as much, like how you are taller lying down because of the loss of pressure. It sounds like a bunch of hoo-ha, but if I hadn't experienced it myself and seen it happen to someone else, I'd think it was bunk. But I had a friend who lost over 200 pounds with gastric bypass, and she shrunk a couple of inches in height too. Probably a good half inch of that was losing fat off the bottoms of her feet. They used to look like footballs...

Crap... :( When I gained weight I got almost an inch taller...
    Glad to know I'll be more of a midget when I lose the rest of this weight.... 5'2. lol