How much wine is ok?

Options
I am set counting my calories lately, I've lost one kilo in about one week, and my only concern so far is THE WEEKEND! I love me some weekend vino, Aperitifs with Aperol and Prosecco.... I am done with cocktails (except the rare margarita), but living in Munich, Germany makes good beer (which I have pretty much given up) and good wine ridiculously available. Help! How much wine is ok?? And should I go red or white? What about Prosecco??

Replies

• krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your cals, then it's OK :)

however, having said that I drank a bottle last night and went 300 cals over but that is not a regular occurence for me, but gotta figure it's ok once in a while.

Essentially, only YOU can answer that question.
  • DarciesMam
    Options
    I have the same problem... I can go all week being sooo good with no slip ups then when it gets to Friday/Saturday nights I want a beer or a wine and crisps! I managed to resist lastnight though and sat with cups of Tea *yawn*

I think Red wine is less calorific but im just not going to drink at all for now as drink leads to bad foods for me, then then the next day I feel tired and bloated so cant be bothered going to the gym..... :sad:
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options

I would agree with this, but I would modify it slightly to say, if it fits in your cals and you're not dropping nutritious foods like your veggies and proteins and stuff in order to make room for booze, then it's OK. :) And I've certainly been guilty of that, but I try to only treat myself at the end of the day when I'm satisfied that I'm actually using truly spare calories for drinking, and not swapping something healthy to save more calories for wine.
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm Prosecco, that's my favorite drink!! Nom nom nom (and really tasty with healthy seafood dinners too!)

Wine has a lot of calories and that makes me sad! I got a really cute new little glass to drink from though that only holds 4 ounces, that (often) helps me keep it in check, or at least makes it easy to keep track of how much I've had. I tend to go a little under on my calories M-F so I can have a few treats like that on the weekend.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options

I would agree with this, but I would modify it slightly to say, if it fits in your cals and you're not dropping nutritious foods like your veggies and proteins and stuff in order to make room for booze, then it's OK. :) And I've certainly been guilty of that, but I try to only treat myself at the end of the day when I'm satisfied that I'm actually using truly spare calories for drinking, and not swapping something healthy to save more calories for wine.

This! Plus, I think red wine has some benefits (antioxidants) or that's how I like to justify it ;) Everything in moderation, and all that jazz. I love red wine and refuse to give it up. Like, I'll have a couple of glasses (half a bottle) tonight as its within my calorie allowance. Drink and enjoy. :drinker:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love prosecco, it is the lowest in calories of all the wines.

I've been drinking for years and still maintain my weight...all about moderation.